Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer movement update thread

SE-Iowa,,You know,,the complainer,,,13 hrs so far-3 does-3 fawns,,1-2 yr old 10 pt..,that is it. This morn walking dog down road saw maybe a 3-yr, way out in cut beans,,opposite side of road another 2 yr old,standing,was colder this morn so some movement. Heard some grunttin across road tonight. Probably good day to be out, but don't hunt Sundays,,,,

Hunted until 11:00. Small buck cruising early. Small buck chasing doe around 7:15, fawn in tow. 3.5 yr old split brow 9 pt at 8:50. That was it.

Lots of action for me. 4 bucks chasing 1 doe from 7:30 until 9. One shooter but never came in closer than 100 yards. Have had deer moving all day. 20+ different deer so far.

Three doe,,couple fawn, ThisMorn,NO bucks after doe of any kind so far. 16 hrs in the stand so far: Yes I AM in owa:

doe and fawn for an hour and a half til a dink chased doe off. then right before dark i hit a series of bleats followed by grunts. 10 seconds later the biggest buck ive ever had in front of me comes crashing in from behind and enters my lane. I miss ...... go after im done near crying and get my arrow and another even bigger one was cruising towards me. So looks like its moving here finally. Warren county

Nov 7th evening sit SE Iowa - 5 does and fawns, forky, 6 pt followed my drag rag in, then a decent 3 1/2 chasing and grunting. Tried to pull him closer with a grunt to see who he was but he wanted nothing to do with it. Took off running. I'm headed out right now. Good luck!

Last night, 11/7. had deer moving from the time I got in the stand. All small bucks, the largest of which was a 2 yr old 8. He stayed on a scrape keeping all other bucks away. Every doe that came out he went to check. Watched him chase one hard and then breed her one time before he went back to scrape. Saw 2 lone doe fawns.

hunted hard all weekend- VERY slow in southern Iowa. Going to go sit this evening near winterset just to get an idea on movement should turn on any day now with colder AM temps and seeing some bucks locked down and cruising mid day while driving

Trophy Bucks Of Iowa

southwest iowa sat last three days til around 10:00 seen 1 different buck each day 1 buck in 4 hours pretty slow upside is that they have been different bucks each time.this morning had 150 at 70 yards grunted at him no response.In the evening has been dead barely any deer sightings at all.

My first hunt of the year was Saturday morning until almost noon, only saw 3 fawns. Cameras showed very little activity in the area so I moved them. Won't get out again until this weekend so hopefully movement picks up and the weather cools down by then. Public land

Complainer again. Saw 2 does and 2 fawns this AM. Milled around for 20 minutes. No bucks. This Eve-O... So far..23 hours-7 does,,6 Fawns,,one 2 yr old buck...

loneranger said:
Complainer again. Saw 2 does and 2 fawns this AM. Milled around for 20 minutes. No bucks. This Eve-O... So far..23 hours-7 does,,6 Fawns,,one 2 yr old buck...

I should start keeping better track of totals. Hours, deer, squirrels, etc.

Several does this evening something was bumping them but couldn't see him. Nothing serious. 1 lone fawn. Zero bucks. Warren

Top Bottom