Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Repellents

MN2IAGuy

I'm thinking of trying this on about 12 acres of beans-Plantskydd Deer Repellent . Anyone have any experience with it or other ones?

I started using it last summer on young walnuts and white oaks. Best product I've used so far. I noticed a huge improvement over other products I've used over the last couple years. I don't wait as long between applications as it says you can

I have heard that human hair works, if you can get enough to spread around the plot. Also I am sure if you mixed up some pretty potent peppers and sprayed the outside rows it would keep them out. You would have to apply regularly though.

Best repellent is you. Just take one of your sweaty tee shirts or more than one depending on the area. Hang out sweat soaked tee shirts. Deer will stay away I guarantee.

Really? I used to hang sweaty shirts on my fruit trees. Worked every time. They sure hate human stink come Oct. Possibly they know what season it is?

Well it worked for me. Deer still snort at me in the fields in summer. Guess my sweat is still considered a threat.

Richard at Plantskydd called me after I ordered and when he heard that I was going to use it on food plots and applying it from a 16ft boom sprayer he sent me a mixing rod and some surfactants free of charge! The bags need to be premixed with the surfactants and some water before adding to the tank so it can spray without clogging.I sprayed my beans last Thursday and it went fine. My beans were up about 4-6 inches and some were already nipped. I'll report my results in a month.
PS. I did end up with Plantskydd in my tightly whites!

Last edited:
Milorganite

Milorganite is a granular fertilizer that really smells bad. It is made from human waste. It also has iron in it. The smell helps keep the deer away from young plants and fertilizer also helps the young plants grow. It needs to be re-applied after a bit of rain to keep it effective. It has helped my young plants get to a point where it can at least get going.

good luck.

Top Bottom