Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DeerCast vs HuntWise

Was curious if anyone has experiences with these apps? What’s your take on them? Waste of money?

I unfortunately don’t get to spend a ton of time in stand and was curious if anyone finds these apps helpful or just a gimmick. I spend more time in my mobile office than I do the stand so looking to take the most advantage of my time regarding windage, weather, and deer info/predictions. I’ve always hunted without but have a week off in two days and then another two weeks off in three weeks. Will spend as much time as possible in stand but curious anyone’s takes on these.

Used DeerCast, haven't used huntwise.

If you ever listen to Mark Drury, the algorithm of DC is very predictable. Hunt cold fronts, 5 days before full moon - evenings are best, 5 days after full moon mornings are better, Nov 5-10 are always "great" regardless of weather (not in my experience!), etc..

I don't spend my money on it but I glance at the free version on occasion and doesn't tell me anything I don't already know or can predict personally. You can't hide or mask the fact that weather will always be the #1 predictor for whitetail movement.

Wunderground.com
Watch temp & barometer. When temp declines & pressure rises (more significant for both the better). Or when temp remains low & pressure up. GO!
that is the same simple algorithm those apps use. & it’s free!!!

Bingo! That's what I use 99% of the time as well..

If I were emperor for a day, my first act would be to refund everyone who bought into the "Red Moon" app. The rut happens at literally the same time every single year, and we know from deer with collars what they're doing in october. The Poachmar's aren't shooting big deer when an app tells them to.

I use wunderground as well, but i do have the deercast app for convenience sake to see all the weather readings i need in a quick/easy format for viewing on my phone. Same figures are available on wunderground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom