Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DeerGro products

BJohnson

Any feedback on Plot Start or Plot Boost products from DeerGro ??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Interesting.
Any of the liquid lime products mathematically don’t make sense on what’s required to change ph.

Foliar feed sprays might be worth while. I’d like to see the analysis on them. When talking about macros like p&k - takes a lot of spray to add “50 lbs of actual p or k” for example. But they have some unique products that I’ve never heard of & a bit different than foliar feed. One for compaction & one for looks like similar to a foliar feed I spose. Hmmmm. Ya, curious if anyone had any use of them & results.

Just took a look at Plotstart - haven't looked at plot boost. I have a chemical engineering background.

It's mainly calcium chloride, with a weight density around 11 lbs/gal and calcium of 10% by weight (stated on the label of a 2.5 gal jug - the remaining 90% of the contents in that jug are water & chlorides which aren't doing really anything for your soil). That means a gallon of plotstart contains 1.1 lbs of calcium & at an app rate of 2 - 5 gal/ac that would put down 2.2 to 5.5 lbs of calcium per acre. This is a very small quantity of calcium.

For reference, limestone contains about 800 pounds of calcium per ton & generally takes over a ton of ag lime to raise soil pH one unit - a ton of ag lime costs less than a 2.5 gal jug of plotstart. Ag lime does take several months to be absorbed which is a marketing pitch for Plotstart (that it is instantly soluble). However, 2.2 - 5.5 lbs of instantly soluble calcium per acre isn't doing much.

I can tell you most farmers in the Ag community have a very negative view of these liquid "miracle" products.. Intended to be money makers for the sellers.

Top Bottom