Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Disgusted... Your thoughts?

When I lived in Boone, we got busted taking horns off a dead deer on old Hwy 30. The CO made us load up the whole deer and dispose of it or we got a ticket. You have to take the whole deer and get a salvage tag.

Last week I put my sawsall in the truck and it will b in there till next spring I don't see anything wrong it

Hmmmmm...a little Tim Taylor'ish there, huh? :D Aarg, aarg, aarg! More power. :grin:

I just keep a measly handsaw in the truck, I like the automated sawzall idea! :way:

Heck yea the sawzall is very quick and easy and that's wat we use to cut through the rib cages when we gut deer at home it works great!

I like the more power idea.....we used to use the log truck......pull over to the side of the road, put the stabilizers down, swing the boom out and grab the beast gently with the grapple, tuck it behind the cab and deal with it back at the shop.

A couple years back i had already tagged out so i went duck hunting, on the way back a 160's ten had just got hit on highway 34. Three cars stopped, and didn't even pull off the westbound lane to race each other to the antlers.. definitely not one of the smarter things I've seen

At least someone had a use for some part of the deer. It can be done in legal manners, so I see no reason for disgust. Odd post imo. This is more like a PETA member's thoughts...

Nothing wrong with it at all. You have to either use a tag or get a salvage tag to move any part of the deer.

This actually happened to a deer that my son shot last year. He shot it in youth season and it went in corn and we never found it. We found it about 2 weeks later in a ditch along the road. A farmer was driving by and called me to let me know that there was a nice deer in the ditch not to far from our stand. We went and sure enough it was him. Called DNR and it actually saved the tag for my son to use later.

I was driving to work around 11:30am today and drove by a dead buck in the ditch. I've seen a handful of dead deer this year along roads and the interstate but was quite surprised to see a pretty nice set of antlers on this deer. My guess would be around 120". I continued on to work but kept thinking about the size of that deers rack and how it ended up dead. On the way home for lunch I tried to get another look but it was too far away and down in the ditch. I even remember thinking that maybe the city had already picked the body up since I could not see anything. After lunch I took the same route I took before to get to work and had yet another surprise when I drove by the buck. The head was gone! Someone, sometime between 11:30am and 3:30pm had cut the head off the buck in broad daylight along one of the busiest roads in the city. What does everybody think of this? Why would this person go to so much trouble to have the head and antlers? Is there a fine or punishment for such acts? I keep thinking that whoever did this is making us as hunters look bad in the public eye. Thoughts??
It is really disgusting. If to ask the animal rights authority and if they were caught, they should be headless too.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom