Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Disturbing trauma to a buck!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
YIKES!!!! How is this possible? Seriously. Omg. Man I hope someone catches up with this buck. Wonder how could have happened. Messed up!!!!

That doesn't seem possible!!! WTH! I hope it's not some new contagious flesh eating bacteria or something.

Looks like it had to be sharp like a combine head or something...unless it’s cgi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably right. Anything else would have him full of infection and he looks fairly healthy, all things considered. I don't think it's CGI.

that is gnarly!!!!

Looks like Trauma - very sharp to boot. It actually is in a good spot for the buck in terms of the peritoneal cavity is not exposed, etc. I am guessing some sort of infection will set in, but there is a chance with it being all muscle injury he could survive.

Muddy probably remembers this from my time in Iowa but I killed a buck that had easy a 12" gash similar to that one that was also fairly deep (you could see the spine). I am assuming the neighbor hit that one within 24hrs of when I shot him. He was running does all over when I killed him, didn't bother him one bit.

Being in law enforcement makes me think the deer got hit, wedged and drug under a vehicle a short distance. Not all of the backstrap is gone and it looks like to got burnt in the process (road rash). I have seen tears similar as well. Wicked. Poor thing.

Sorry, my version of catch and release as I only like backstrap.

Read a paper once that said deer have great (hyper) immune systems due to injuries that happen when bucks fight. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sayin, alot can be done with video. No blood on deer? Movement is very natural with muscle gone! Nice to know the origin.

Top Bottom