Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Does I like to see….

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
For health of animal & herd, I like getting does that look like this. When see these all over…. IMO- small but good indicator of deer health. When get a lot of does like this.. These deer & a lot of their nutrition needs are being met & maximized…..
Their area is likely not overpopulated & if Truly most does like that look like that- those deer getting great natural nutrition as well, on and on….

Same logic will impact antlers as well…. Max nutrition (part of their natural diet with woody browse, forbs, legumes, “weeds”, etc”) & then a great crop or crop plot & crop combo - better health & potential is maximized more often.

Deer like this survive tough winters way better too ;).

Just a tiny thing I look at every year &
Pay close attention to looks of them & general health. Bucks and does & Age classes of all them - at all stages through out the year.

Anyways, here’s my “exciting picture” from today. BIG FAT DOE. Not a Giant one but a nice one….
3C2CA088-2919-4984-92E2-89C0F0A1FBFE.jpeg

Skip, is their a photo size limit? I’m trying to post another photo of a big doe but it keeps telling me that it’s having a problem. Photo size I think was like 22mb

Also, what am I doing wrong to have duplicate photos showing when I try to post one?

Last edited:
Skip, is their a photo size limit? I’m trying to post another photo of a big doe but it keeps telling me that it’s having a problem. Photo size I think was like 22mb

Also, what am I doing wrong to have duplicate photos showing when I try to post one?
On it. They should automatically resize. I’ll check with nextbuk on this.

Best part of seeing does like that is it boosts the fawns health as well. Pretty sure there’s a study that shows doe health while carrying a fawn is a huge driver in antler development in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful posting these pictures guys. They are the perfect example of what farm bureau fears in Iowa. Think of the thousands of bushels of corn and beans those fatties have eaten, and how much more damage they cause when a car smacks them ;).

Also can deer get diabetes? You might need to start adding some insulin to your supplement list.

Top Bottom