Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Doghouse TSC Blind

jthompso

I saw an ad in the paper the other day for a Doghouse TSC for $90 and was thinking that I might try that over the Double Bull simply based on the $$$.

Has anyone used one of these and been able to shoot comfortably with a bow?

Gun hunting looks to be ok, but I'm a little worried about the height of it and the top cam on my bow hitting it.

Thanks.

i've never hunted out of the doghouse blind. i had a flimsy sprinsteel blind several years ago and went to the double bull and have never looked back. there are several guys on here that do hunt exclusively out of the ameristep blinds and think they do just fine. i don't know how high the doghouse blind is so you may hit your top cam. as far as price goes, i'm not sure if that's a "super good" deal or not. i havn't looked at blind prices for so long i can't help you much there. find some store in your area and set inside both brands of blinds and test them out for size and fit, that's my best suggestion. i used to scimp on equipment and ended up getting bit in the butt more than once. i went with the double bull simply on my experiences with reliability from the product. i personally think the double bull is the best blind out there and the little added weight they come with is worth it for ease of setting up, no wind flap, weather proof, and comfort.

good luck.

I shot a gobbler out of one back in October with my bow and the only thing I didnt like was that it was pretty tight for room across when I drew my bow back,but I gotter done.
You should be able to get a better price though.I bought mine on ebay for $70,but mine is not "TSC",but it is in realtree hd brown.Just type in ameri-step blind and you should be able to veiw a bunch of them.
As far as highth,I'm 5'10" and had no problem's with headroom.I shot from my knee's.I think the quality is pretty good on them for the money.I'm sure the d.bulls are better blind's but I just was not ready to spend that kind of money yet.I also like how fast they go up and down and I like the backpack you get with them.The only thing I had problem's with was folding the blind back up to put it away,but once you get the hang of it it's very simple to do_Overall I'm very happy with mine.If I could change one thing it would be to have it a little wider by about 5" or so.

Same problem as Buckhunter,not enough room from side to side as you draw your bow.I had to modify mine by putting four narrow windows on two of the corners.This way I had enough room to draw from corner to corner,but had to shoot of my knees.I honestly don't mind it now that it's modified,because of my style of turkey hunting in the spring.I don't sit much and cover alot of ground to find hot birds,and this blind is light,very packable, and pretty easy to setup.But you basicly get what you pay for,the Double Bull blinds without question are better.

Saw them clearanced at Wal-Mart for $20 at the end of November! I think they're a tad small for bowhunting unless you have a short draw length. I bought the Brickhouse model for $40.
grin.gif
Just can't beat that price!

Top Bottom