Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dogs

Am I mistaken that the law in Iowa recently changed regarding trespassing dogs? Isn’t it true that the owners can be ticketed for trespass?

I just had a friend that let his two dogs out Monday night and he went in the house for a bit and they were gone!
He put a missing post on FB Tuesday morning and Tuesday night reported the dogs went to a neighbor and he shot them both because he said they were in his free ranging chickens!
My friends X posted the sheriff brought the two dogs back to him.
Now just go buy a few farm yard animals cause when I was in the Iowa Coon Hunters back in the early 80s all a stray dog had to do is worry livestock then they were fair game. I’m curious if they ever got the dog kill law changed?

I just had a friend that let his two dogs out Monday night and he went in the house for a bit and they were gone!
He put a missing post on FB Tuesday morning and Tuesday night reported the dogs went to a neighbor and he shot them both because he said they were in his free ranging chickens!
My friends X posted the sheriff brought the two dogs back to him.
That sucks! Here in PA the only time you can legally shoot a rouge dog killing foul or other animals is if it enters an enclosure where livestock is "penned up". I had this problem too and a state trooper told me SSS. The next time they were after my free-range foul I caught them in the act and shot one of them but it wasn't fatal and it made it back to their owners. I warned them before but they did nothing to keep the dogs from terrorizing the livestock in the area. I didn't have to pay for the dogs vet bill, they never came back to my property again.

Top Bottom