Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double 1st season and Wife's 3rd season bird

JOSHBRNDT

To say that 1st season was a struggle is an understatement. The weather played havoc on the birds. It wasn't an easy hunt with rain, snow, freezing temps, hurricane winds but the last day proved to be a great day. My buddy and I set up on a couple birds in the roost, but to have them fly down and go a different direction. Then to get a gobbler to answer and bring him in to the decoy where he strutted around the decoy for 10 minutes. My buddy killed him and was his best bird to day. 25.5lbs 11 inch beard and 1.375 inch spurs. right after he killed we made a move and got one to gobble and he was on a string came about 300 yards and then he ran away. I was like what just happened only to notice a dog running through the timber. Went and had breakfast and headed back out. Saw a gobbler on a ridge sat down and was back at the cabin in 15 minutes. It happened real quick. Mine was 10 inch beard 24.8 lbs and had 1.25 inch spurs.
Here they are on the meat pole.
picture.php

Took a friend the last day of 2nd season and got one called in for him at 1:30.

Took my wife this morning to a little honey hole. Roosted 2 birds last night and woke up to about 6 of them in the timber. The big boy skated us but you can tell by her smile she didn't really care the size of the bird. I find it much more enjoyable watching other people have success than myself. All the birds have been called in by Bangin Redhedz call. Its the pink call if anyone is interested.
picture.php

Top Bottom