Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Bull Blind question

I've decided to purchase a Double Bull blind, but am debating on what camo to get. Does anyone have any opinions on what camo works the best?? I thought I wanted Mossy Oak, but now I'm leaning towards the new Decption camo. Besides black-backed fabric, what other bells and whistles do I want on it. Thanks in advance for any help!

It depends what all your going to hunt out of it. The Mossy Oak will work better for the turkeys with it being spring and the new Deception patter is better for fall than anything else. My father(GDCooper) had a Wary Tom come in on who was really hot and he spotted the blind and ran the other way just as fast has he came in. We my dad got out and looked at it he said it looke really yellowish in the spring time. So the next day he brushed it in using tree limbs, leaves, and camo netting and that day he shot his turkey out of the blind and the tom didn't even act like he saw the blind. So if you ask me the Mossy Oak would be better for Spring Turkeys and the Deception would be better for the Fall Turkeys and Deer. Also look for the camo netting you can put over the windows it really reduces the chances of Wary Tom or Monster buck spotting you. The netting is shoot-though for archers and if your gun hunting make sure you have your mussle out the window because even with a bow inside that blind it sounds like a your bow blew up or tore a hole in the fabric when releasing and the shotgun could blow your ear drums.

These blinds are the best on the market and the bigger blind(PT500) has enough room in it for 2 people without being cramped. You'll love these blinds and once you hunt out of it you'll never want to go back to just sitting on the ground.

Deerslayer

[This message has been edited by deerslayer22788 (edited 01-25-2002).]

Thanks for the info. I plan to use it mainly for spring turkey hunting, but would also like to be able to use it in the fall to bow hunt deer out of. I guess I can't go wrong with the Mossy Oak, it even blends in well in the fall since it is darker drabs of greens and grays. Thanks for your input.

We have two of the GH500 blinds(I think it's now called the Titan 5)...one is Apparition(sp) and one is Predator's Deception pattern. We have had success with both turkey hunting, although I prefer the Apparition for our spring turkey season. From my experience I don't think the pattern matters that much for turkeys although the netting will help you conceal some movement (keeps the bugs out too!). As far as deer I would recommend the Deception pattern. Although I hunt strictly from a treestand here in Iowa, I hunt whitetails(coues deer) in Arizona every winter and they are every bit as leery as our whitetails. We hunt water holes and it is a must to go unnoticed if they are to come into bow range. Last year we tried to brush our blinds in with branches,leaves and sticks(we also use the shoot-thru netting)...we didn't fool one deer!After tossing some ideas around we bought some netting(12'x12') from a army surplus store...kinda like fish netting with 3-D material woven throughout.After throwing it over our blinds and cutting holes out for a couple ports/windows...we stuck a few limbs with leaves in the netting. Only one deer in 11 days busted us...kinda of a pain in the rear to set up, but we got the results we were looking for. I'll be anxious to give it a try with my dad next fall,as he is not too crazy about heights and being up in a treestand.

As far as the extras,we have one blind with everything...zippered roof,viewing windows,lightweight rods and black interior and the other that has nothing but a black roof,there nice to have but to be honest if I were to buy another I would only get the black interior. Good luck and enjoy!

TB

Top Bottom