Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drilling beans...

Big Timber

I recently just sheared off 100's of hedges in a pasture at the base of the tree and I am planning on drilling over with beans shortly. Can anyone tell me what diameter I can drill over before it damages the drill? I was thinking anything over 6" will have to be rooted but I wanted to get some opinions before I went ahead and spent many hours digging out root structures.

Optimally,
I would've liked to root all of them but the time factor was a problem. It's amazing how those things can multiply. After cutting what seemed like millions, I think next-time I'll take out a loan and buy a loader.

BT

Cut the stumps level to the ground and go slow over them. The individual coulters and seed drop discs that hit the stumps will ride over them as long as you are moving in a straight line, if you are turning, you may break a seed drop disc. I drilled beans in a similiar situation on my farm last year and had no problems ... but go slow!

Top Bottom