Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dying pine tree

muddy

Hey, not wildlife related but the spruce in my back yard is turning brown while its neighbor is still green and healthy. They're both 20+ years old so the tap root has to be getting to the water. Anything I can do to fix this? Fertilizer? Bug treatment? I'd hate to cut it down and start over since the neighboring pine is huge and a new one will just look weird.
20210725_101637.jpg
20210725_101634.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't have the solution to this, but we are seeing it too on a couple of trees in our yard.

Blue spruce, right? I've seen it many times on them. They're susceptible to rust I think. When I worked for a tree service, planting windbreaks and crp hardwoods he said they're not native and shouldn't be planted here. Norway spruce and Blackhills spruce are much hardier. Come to think of it, I can't remember ever seeing one get very tall.

I know in Northern wi there's such a thing called spruce decline disease! Maybe search that might give you some answers!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do they have a purple hue to the dead and dying needles?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If its Rhizo it won't go away. Its treatable. It also spreads on the wind and contact.

I am not sure what area you are in but here there are a few arborists that do it. Its a fungicide spray. Usually twice a year if I remember correctly. I would start with a tree care company if there is one around. A certified arborist preferably

I am not sure what area you are in but here there are a few arborists that do it. Its a fungicide spray. Usually twice a year if I remember correctly. I would start with a tree care company if there is one around. A certified arborist preferably

Thanks

Top Bottom