Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

early harvest

F

flatlander

The harvest has started in western Iowa in a big way,seeing more combines runing everyday.
From the farmers i've talked to the corn is dry testing 14to15%.They should have it thinned down pretty good bye the time climbing a tree gets here.
Which should narrow up the travel lanes quite a bit for us.
How is the rest of the state looking,i been seeing Monana and Woodbury.

I live in Johnson County and they are doing alot of picking around here. I hope that they have most of it picked by opening day. I need to get over to Cedar County where I hunt to see how it is doing there.

Up here in the NW corner of the state (O'brien/Clay counties) the harvest is just beginning as well. It looks like there will be a big percentage of the CORN out by bow opener, which should certainly make for better early season hunting. Alot of guys around here went early muzzeloader for gun season because it looked to be an early harvest. Good luck!

PS. They're talking upper 30's for a low up here tonight. Sure hope we get a couple of heavy frosts by bow opener!!

They are getting started at it in the eastern part of the state as well. However, last week's wind, rain and hail storms here sure did a number on the crops. With many crops laying flat (Jackson, Clinton, Scott Counties), the combines will be running slower than normal on many of the fields.

Top Bottom