Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD Article & Video- VERY GOOD!!!!

So much for them developing immunity over time. That is disappointing!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Interesting idea with the troughs. You would need to fill them artificially though, could be a hassle if you don't live near the property.
I wonder if deer would use a trough if there is natural water near by? An old cattle waterer set up on a well would be ideal if they'd use it.

Lee Lakosky talked about spraying for the midges in one of his podcasts. I wonder what he uses to try to eliminate them.

Lee Lakosky talked about spraying for the midges in one of his podcasts. I wonder what he uses to try to eliminate them.
If u find that lemme know. I almost gotta think it’s a pyrethrin. Which- doesn’t mesh well with ponds & creeks. I’ve tried to wrap my head around how spraying could have benefit - even if no cost or practicality issues.... just don’t see how it would work but I’d love to be wrong. The only way would be hitting creeks as well IMO. There’s been some cattle ranches that have airplane sprayed insecticides for midges..... covers all ponds & creeks, etc. Not horribly expensive for a cattle operation but still needs a few applications. That’s about the equivalent a hunter would need to do- which will never happen of course. So- pond & mud hole spot application - I’m skeptical but still curious.

Top Bottom