Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD disease in western IOWA

scooter

we have noticed several deer in our area with EHD disease. some nice buck's have died within the last couple weeks , along with the flooding and drought in western IA the deer population may take a big hit this year. DNR can't really do any thing about this so nature may be the problem solver on our over population of deer. every one should be aware of the problem and protect our herd's of deer by not trying to reduce your area's deer this year. this seems to be a widespread outbreak and cover's several drought states. keep in contact with the DNR on any dead deer you find until we get a good frost. if other area's are affected please post so others can be aware of their area's:(

Iowa's dead deer

Our deer are in POTT co along MO river it's been so dry the water is very scarce hopefully the deer will stay along the river and stay away from the small water holes that are left.

reports of disease have begun to roll in around South Dakota as well... seeing as how our crops are done growing, I am praying for a good hard frost to put this to an end (for the year anyway)

I have found 4 dead in the bluffs south of Plattsmout NE over the past 2 weeks. One was a dandy up and coming buck. He had 8 on one side and 6 on the other, a 5x5 main frame. The others were does. I have smelled 2 more dead but didn't go into corn field and timber looking for them. The ones I have found were found without looking for anything, just cutting shooting lanes and checking a camera.

I think there are a whole lot of dead ones in the state of NE this year and IA is sure to have a few as well.

I have found 4 dead in the bluffs south of Plattsmout NE over the past 2 weeks. One was a dandy up and coming buck. He had 8 on one side and 6 on the other, a 5x5 main frame. The others were does. I have smelled 2 more dead but didn't go into corn field and timber looking for them. The ones I have found were found without looking for anything, just cutting shooting lanes and checking a camera.

I think there are a whole lot of dead ones in the state of NE this year and IA is sure to have a few as well.

People I've talked with say that there isn't anywhere along the Platte river from Grand Island to Columbus that you can't smell dead deer.:(

My son was pretty sure he saw a floater in a pond that we drive by on our way to our farm. This was yesterday and the pond would be in Jefferson County, a little north of Libertyville.

Erick, not trying to be a smart arse but CWD is entirely different than EHD. I'll take rampant EHD over CWD anyday but would rather not have to make a choice.:)

Top Bottom