Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ever Calm Scents

Jbohn

Any of you guys ever use this product I know they have a bedding and a VS1 estrus scent , I never use Lure's but I have a guy swears by the bedding product, just looking fur feed back

I'm not a big scent guys probably haven't done anything but sent control last 10 years,

Last edited:
I was a total non believer in sent control and just hunted the wind but I tried evercalm and I'm a believer. I just rub it on the side of the tree once I'm in the stand. Haven't had a deer blow since I started using it. Maybe it's just been luck and all in my head. :) Deer still seem to notice something is up when they come in down wind but they don't flash the tail and head for the hills or stand there and snort. They act more curious than anything. The stuff seems to get more expensive every year but one stick will last me all season and I cake it on every sit. I would recommend buying a stick and trying it.

I echo what bowtech says. Not really into scents of any kind but I tried this as more of scent cover up for downwind deer. Wipe some on the backside of the tree when you get in stand. I also put some on my boots a few times when I have had to walk in and area where deer could cross your trial on the way in. I too haven't had any negative effects but I am not 100% sold that it has helped, maybe just got lucky but I have noticed deer certainly smell it but just don't seemed to be alarmed by it like they would be if it was human scent

I have a stick, have used it the past two seasons. It is expensive for a little stick, but it will last you. I don't know if it has necessarily saved me, but I have not had anything bad to say about it. I like to wipe a bit on my boots before I walk in and again on my sticks when I get to my stand. If you are wearing black don't wipe it on there because when it dries it turns white.

Smoke & Mirrors IMO. These types of products are fooling people into buying them not mature bucks. I used to throw money at stuff like this but mature bucks are way to smart to be fooled

Really!

A tracking dog can follow a human scent for miles... days after it was put down on the ground. A whitetail deer has 100 million more nasal scent nerves than a tracking dog....you can calculate the odds and spend your money as you so desire. Just an observation.

It works, but in a different way than advertised. It makes deer extremely curious and they typically come closer to investigate the smell and have a tendency to linger in the area trying to figure it out. Anything that pulls does close in around me is well worth it IMO and this product does that. I'm referring to the bedding stick FYI.

I have used the Ever Calm and think it does help. I agree with what others have said about deer still being able to smell you, which is true, Scent Lok clothing is complete bunk as well. I know people with pen raised deer that have put it to the test. With Ever Calm I really feel like the number of deer that become alarmed if they do get down wind of me has been reduced significantly or at least the negative reactions they exhibit are greatly reduced.

Agree with above statements. Tried the herd in a stick last year on a few hunts, put some on boots for walk in and on tree while in stand. Nothing profound for results but didn't have any deer spook from smelling me. The one occasion where I know I had a deer downwind, a doe circled around me and was definitely sniffing the air but didn't spook or blow. I consider that a win

I just make my own.
I use orbeez the little jell balls,
I let them soak up water then I place them in a 2 liter bottle and drain al excess water after 2 days.
Then I fill the remaining room with deer urine I order direct from a deer farm.
1 gallon 80.00 bucks, Any flavor!
Then 2 liter bottle will last me a full season.
I climb in the stand and throw a couple hand fulls out around my stand. Works great and they last all season when it rains it renews the scent.
I split the cost of the gallon with a couple buddies.
By 100,000 orbeez online for 20.00 dollars.

Top Bottom