Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Explanations?

Injury, disease, or genetic abnormality. If he lives through the season, my bet is he continues to grow a stubby or dramatically abnormal antler on that side, every season.

Injury, disease, or genetic abnormality. If he lives through the season, my bet is he continues to grow a stubby or dramatically abnormal antler on that side, every season.
We have a decent amount that grew funky racks for even 2 seasons & the “3rd” grew normal.
IMO - injury biggest cause …. Body injury or including the “injury” when u find a shed with chunk of skull attached.

Agreed, doubt that buck will ever change. Management buck IMO..

I’ll go against the grain on this one based on a buck from last year. First 2 pics from 2020 and his right side doesn’t appear to be broken and he seems healthyIMG_3839.JPGIMG_0116.JPG. I found his left side shed. Pics 3 & 4 from this year and has the same forward facing g4, tall / narrow makeup. Although I can’t say for certain but it appears to be the same buck to me and grew a normal rack this year but the forward leaning g4 jumped sides?? strange how this played out but I’d say it’s definitely within the realm of possibilities that he could bounce back…IMO at least.

IMG_2881.JPG20201110_181510.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess the order is reversed on my pics…2020 at the bottom and 2021 first set

Guess the order is reversed on my pics…2020 at the bottom and 2021 first set

My guess too. Bottom pics are 2020 and top pics are 2021. In any case, I believe this is the same deer, but the antler appears to be broken off in the 2020 pics. The pic from the original OP doesn't look to be a broken antler to me. It looks like a deformation. Broken antlers will grow back as full antlers the next season, where deformations have a tendency to repeat year after year.

My guess too. Bottom pics are 2020 and top pics are 2021. In any case, I believe this is the same deer, but the antler appears to be broken off in the 2020 pics. The pic from the original OP doesn't look to be a broken antler to me. It looks like a deformation. Broken antlers will grow back as full antlers the next season, where deformations have a tendency to repeat year after year.
Guess I’m not seeing a broken antler in the 2020 pictures as it appears to just be a large spike unless I’m missing something... Unfortunately I never found anything that resembled the spike to confirm if it was broken or not. At any rate if it was broken then yes, I’d expect it to grow normal the following year.

Top Bottom