Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ColoredRed24

Went to get some tags today and had something come up that I thought someone here could help me understand.

So I wanted to buy three tags, Bow-Any Sex, Bow-Antlerless (Lee County) and Bow-Antlerless (Boone County).

The lady at the shop said the system wouldn't even bring up another section for bow hunting.

I was under the impression that as long as the county has extra antlerless tags that you could buy more than one.

Thought this because someone told me that but also in the pricing section of the regs it says $33 for general deer, $28.50 for first antlerless and $15 for any additional antlerless.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Hunting public in Boone County and Private (when I can get down there) in Lee County.

I believe you can only buy one antlerless tag right now. Then later on, maybe Oct 1, you can buy more.

Sweet thank you!! Does that include if you are trying to buy your gun tags at the same time at your bow tags?

Example: right now I can buy 2 bow tags (1 any deer, 1 antlerless) and 2 gun tags (1 any deer, 1 antlerless)?

Or do I have to wait till September 15th to buy any additional antlerless tag after the first bow antlerless tag?

As already stated, one antlerless, period, until 9/15. After that it is first come first served for unfilled tags. You cannot buy an antlerless bow and antlerless gun today. It doesn’t work that way.

No kidding? I had no idea all tags weren't available for purchase as soon as they began selling them for the year. I usually don't buy till mid September at the earliest. Learned something new.

No kidding? I had no idea all tags weren't available for purchase as soon as they began selling them for the year. I usually don't buy till mid September at the earliest. Learned something new.
It's a bigger deal in the counties that have less doe tags. In counties with say 200 doe tags, that makes sure 200 guys get one instead of a small number of guys buying them all up. Some of the counties if you aren't buying your doe tag at midnight, then you aren't getting one.

Top Bottom