Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Father-n-Law Gets it Done!

ShedHunter1

My father-n-law finally gets r done! Last year was his first year turkey hunting and we didn't have no luck 4th season and second season of this year again no luck.
I didn't get a chance to go fourth until this morning with him. My father-n-law got back from Chicago late last night and was at my front door at 3:45 am.
Today was the only day he could hunt due to other obligations from here on out.
We walked a little over a mile to a good roosting area. As we were walking to get close to the area a tom gobbled and gobbled and gobbled. We sat about 60 yds from his tree.
It was one of those mornings. He gobbled I would say around 150 times in 45 min. He was wild.
About 20 yds from us stuck in the ground was Dirty Bird. Nasty looking thing I threw together late last night. Took an old foam Jake decoy and cut the front off and screw it to a small piece of plywood with the fan.
The tom flew out of the roost torwards us but wanted to go out in some crp ground I called a few times he stopped and looked and here he came fanned out straight for Dirty Bird. He was getting close and I told Dave to let him have it! It was a lot of fun and great time to spend with my Father-n-law!
17 pds.
3/4 in. spurs
10 3/4 beard

100_0717_zps7e63a81d.jpg

Way to go Bill. Dirty bird looks great and very effective!:way: Always good to impress the father-in-law

Top Bottom