Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Feather splicing success

DLO

I read a how-to article on splicing colors into a feather and figured I'd give it a shot..... wow, what a blast! The options are endless. I think it's a great way to put a personal touch on arrows you fletch yourself. I put and arrow togather with black fletching with yellow spliced into it for the pics ( better contrast )... not to mention it looks really cool!
grin.gif
Here's the first attempt... they aren't perfect, I know, but they still turned out good. You guys have to give this a shot!

Img2005-05-01-0001.jpg

Img2005-05-01-0002.jpg

Img2005-05-02-0003.jpg

Nice job, and not nearly as hard as it looks once you learn how. I have been splicing feathers for several years and folks really like the look. Start mixing and matching with high contrast working best. Good luck.

Those look really cool there! Better get a different rest so you dont tear your masterpiece apart!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

All kidding aside you should do a post on how to do that. I for one would like to know.

Yea, Super, I'm going to mount the old TM style rest on the bow after turkey season's over.... you're right, whiskers and feathers don't get along! I wanted to get a pic of the fletchings on the arrow, nocked. I was tempted to shoot it, but talked myself out of it
grin.gif
. I'll try to put a pictoral togather.

It just proves you're an observant man Super!...I was wondering who would be the first to notice
grin.gif

Top Bottom