Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fertilizer question.

Bucksnbears

Is it possible (acceptable) too "frost seed" triple 19 in the spring during snowmelt?
I've got one spot that's a bugger to get to with equipment for dragging it in.

Yes, been done.

No problem for P & K leaching, unless you have very light / sandy soil (Think TEC/CEC below about 6).

Nitrogen - Will get varying degrees of loss, depending on the time between spread and plant uptake, as well as (more importantly) the actual N source used to make that mix. (Urea vs AMS, etc.)..

Short answer? Will likely get a good amount of N loss, but very little to none with P & K.

Lastly, could get some loss due to runoff if spread with a decent amount of snow, ice, etc coverage.

Love the pumpkin plots, mine was a total failure this year but I think I remember you've had some great pumpkin patches in years past.
Good luck

Deerdown. Yes sir. I had a terrible crop (germination) this year. Been planting them in plots for years and I'd rather have them then anything. Can't keep deer out of them. I'm guessing I got a bad batch of seeds?

Top Bottom