Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First deer - not mine but I gota tell ya

P

Patrick

I was on my way home tonight when the phone calls started comming in. The local bowhunting grape vine was up and running several does were being brought out of the woods. Then another call came in, every thing changed, time to get the boots back on. A friends daughter had shot her first deer with her dad at her side. The shot looked perfect but they'd decided to let it sit a bit to be sure. About two hours after dark several of us met up at his hourse a were off to help his daughter take up the trail.

The trail was spotty at first. A light rain and no exit wound slowed the going. The deer crossed the fenced and appeared to be headed across a large crp feild. But it appeared the fence crossing opened things up and we found the deer within 40 yard.

Talk about a celebration when four our five die hard bowhunters found Rachel's first deer and what turned out to be a potential Pope and Young nine pointer.

What a great time of year to be in Iowa!!
waytogo.gif

waytogo.gif

Congrats to Rachel! That is a great looking buck. Chris, that has to make you one very proud Daddy!

Great Job!

Woody

It doesn't get any better than that! Thanks for sharing. Congrats to the great hunter and proud father. I hope to share a similar photo maybe in the next year or two.

Congratulations to Rachel!!!!! We're taking my daughter out bowhunting this weekend. She is 16 and shoots great. My husband is going to sit with her the first time and film. He is so happy (we have three daughters, and the eldest two never liked to hunt). Hopefully, she'll will love bowhunting as much as I do. I can't wait until the weekend so I can go back out. Yesterday morning I got up at 4:00 am and sat in my stand from 6am-10am, went back to the cabin, and then got ready for work and worked noon to 8:30. Is that dedication or what? Unfortunately, I had to be in early today and didn't get off until late afternoon, which is the case again tomorrow. My hours vary all the time, but trust me, I get in as much bowhunting as possible.

Good luck again to Rachel!

Top Bottom