Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First deer with a crossbow

This is my first buck with a crossbow. Only a 7 pointer but has a huge body for more meat in the freezer. I've hunted deer in Iowa with a bow for 50 years. I started with a Bear recurve, then went to a compound around 1985 and now at the age of 70 with a torn up arm and broken shoulder I had to go to a crossbow. I really don't see much difference in the three they each have their advantages and disadvantages. The important thing to me is I can still enjoy deer hunting.

screen shot

You don't look 70. That's awesome that you're getting out there to hunt! Good looking buck. Congrats.

Big congrats murph! That's a gorgeous buck, and it's awesome to see you out there after 'em. Keep it up!

NWBuck

I'm behind you Murph in age. Shooting a crossbow this year. Injury to elbow won't let me draw my bow even 2". Congrats and stay after them.

Congrats! That's a beautiful buck and will be tasty. Glad you didn't give up hunting and found another way to get out there.

Great buck and congratulations!! I hope to still be able to get out there when I am 70!! Just by the picture, I would of thought you were much younger. You are doing something right!! Keep at it!!

Top Bottom