Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

first euro mount

Lots of ways to do them. Wanted to add that if you really want to cut the grease and fat and cut down the simmering time, add a couple of cups of borax and a cup of ajax to your simmer. The flesh just falls off in that stuff and knocks the grease out.
I heard about using borax but not until I was done simmering. I will try that on my next one for sure. That grease is some nasty stuff.

I heard about using borax but not until I was done simmering. I will try that on my next one for sure. That grease is some nasty stuff.[/QUOTE

You can use 1/2 a cap of laundry detergent while boiling or simmering. Really cuts down on the grease.

I boiled for 1 1 1/2 hours, power wash at car wash, soak in peroxide 4 couple hours, looks pertty good I think, I've done two bucks n a doe this way. my first deer ever butten buck I just cut off hide and dug a hole in yard by shed buried it 4 6 months, busted the nose diving up becuz I 4 got exzackly were I had it, but it looks good too I thought,

There a guy around here with them flesh eating bugs, thought about giving him a try next year. Has any one had a euro done by bugs? If so what u think?

I am working on right now. It was my wife's first buck from this year. Simmered it in a turkey pot for close to 8 hours. Came out pretty clean but sure took awhile. I have a friend that buries his skulls in november, with the rack above ground, and then digs them up and pressure washes them in april. He claims it works pretty good. I am at the whitening stage right now. Im using 40 volume hair developer and a powder lightening agent from sally's beauty salon. I have coated it twice now but think i will need to do it at least one more time. What are you guys using to whiten the skull??
I use the same thing. Bout 3 coats and then clean it up some. Tear he can be cleared up too

Sent from my iPhone using IW

You're all crazy - boil it for 4 hours clean up the big chunks with a knife put it back in the boil for 4 more hours. Everything will be cooked. Clean it up with a driml tool and an air chuck. Then paint it white. I spray paint in the eyes, nose, and sinus then follow up with a brush on the rest.

I've done it the hard way before with peroxide and bleach but after finding this way it just makes sense and you end up with uniform euro mounts and no broken noses or cracking of the bones behind the eyes, etc.

You're all crazy - boil it for 4 hours clean up the big chunks with a knife put it back in the boil for 4 more hours. Everything will be cooked. Clean it up with a driml tool and an air chuck. Then paint it white. I spray paint in the eyes, nose, and sinus then follow up with a brush on the rest.

I've done it the hard way before with peroxide and bleach but after finding this way it just makes sense and you end up with uniform euro mounts and no broken noses or cracking of the bones behind the eyes, etc.

This is basically what I did, and it was waaaay easier and turned out great. I did two separate boils totaling about 8-10 hours. The skull was really squeaky clean at this point. I taped off both antlers and gave the whole thing 2 coats of flat white spray paint...done. If I do another one the only thing I'd do different is to add some borax and/or dish soap to the boil to speed the process up a bit.

NWBuck

My uncle's 2013 euro...

picture.php

Top Bottom