Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Tom W/ The Bow

C

Christo13

Hardly had time to set the decoys up when this bird gobbled on the roost not even 100 yards away. I crouched down and snuck back to the blind. Strapped my release on and knocked an arrow. I started talking to him and with'in 7 mins. of setting up the decoys I had arrowed my first tom ever. He was 24 pounds with an 11 inch beard.
5067turkey_one-med.jpg
5067DSC00773_Large_-med.JPG

That is a nice looking bird! Who did your taxidermy? I know you're a very long way from Iowa, but I was just wondering. Well, congrats!

The Taxidermist is Poole's Taxidermy, and the boys name is Jason. This was only the second turkey he had ever mounted. I have not seen a ton of turkey mounts but this is by far the best work I have ever seen. Very impressed.
5067DSC00777_Large_-med.JPG

Way to go on the gobbler!That's some excellent taxi work for his second bird.I got my first with a bow last fall.He was a real nice 3 year old but I did'nt get to here any gobbling so it took the fun out of it.I have not fall hunted since then,Iwould rather here them gobbling.
Great look'in bird
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom