Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First turkeys!

Darrin

I’ve half-assed tried to hunt turkeys for longer than I care to admit, but after the explosion of turkey content on YouTube (thanks hunting public) I decided to get serious this year.

The first pic is my first bird ever from 2nd season. You have to look close at the fan, but he is a jake. tasted fine to me. All I saw was his white head and you tend not to study them when you’re trying to kill your first.

The second pic is an actual long beard from 4th season. He was gobbling really good and I caught a glimpse of him at about 60 yards, but lost sight of him and he shut up. The way the land laid out he could only turn around, fly across the creek, or come by me. It took forever and I couldn’t hold the gun up any longer so I relaxed it on my knee. His head finally appeared out of nowhere about 45° to my right. I managed to get the gun up, turned and made the shot.

Needless to say I’m hooked. I’m kicking myself for wasting so many springs not hunting these things.

436f1659ab734db4e0b9549f9fad5697.jpg

e0579757fc2384aea58199a3d60301aa.jpg

Well heck ya- ur first go sure worked and that’s how “addictions” are formed. Glad u hooked!!! Great hunt & pics!

Heck they both look like toms to me. Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve half-assed tried to hunt turkeys for longer than I care to admit, but after the explosion of turkey content on YouTube (thanks hunting public) I decided to get serious this year.

The first pic is my first bird ever from 2nd season. You have to look close at the fan, but he is a jake. tasted fine to me. All I saw was his white head and you tend not to study them when you’re trying to kill your first.

436f1659ab734db4e0b9549f9fad5697.jpg

What size of spurs did he have on him? I would agree with Curtis. Looks like a Tom fan to me, just a little rougher than normal.

Top Bottom