Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fleece - burrs, stickems and repairs

kvschmid

Does anyone have any tricks for removing burrs besides picking them out one by one? I have a pair of fleece pants that I try to wear only in the stand. The other night in the excitement I made the mistake of leaving them on for the trail and drag. They are covered with all kinds of stuff, big burrs, little burrs you can only dig out with your finger nails. Worse yet, I tore one leg crossing a fence. I can't patch it so I am thinking about gathering the material as best I can and sewing a seam. Is there such a thing as a fleece patch or am I best off just leaving it torn?

Buy yourself a "Burrs-off"... it is a lava looking stone... sells for around $7.... seems like a lot but really works better than anything I have ever seen.... finally broke down and bought one a couple of weeks ago... can't believe how well it works....
waytogo.gif

I bought mine at a local sport shop G.O.T. here in Cedar Rapids... I have also seen them in the sports section at Walmart.... just used it again yesterday... works great!!!
waytogo.gif

I'd like to try one of those stones. Damn "stick-tights" drive me crazy.
A curry comb (sp?) like what is used to brush horses or a dog brush has also worked for me. For some reason they are nearly impossible to remove when they are wet so let things dry out first.

I ordered one from 3RiversArchery which arrived while I was out the past several days. I'll have some time this week to try it out as I am cleaning and organizing gear as the pumpkin patrol is out this week.

I've had mine for several years now. I actually have 2 with one being a little more coarse than the other. They were prototypes at the time but don't imagine they are too different now. I was told they are made from recycled glass...which is amazing considering how well they work.

Most fabrics are a breeze to remove burrs from, however, I have found I need to be careful with some materials that will tear or rip. In that case, I use the stone to remove the majority of the burrs and then park it in a chair with a trusty pair of tweezers to remove the 'tough ones'.

All in all, I think anyone around burrs and stickums would be glad they had one. I keep mine in a ziplock bag in the back of the truck
grin.gif

309Burz_Off_002_Large_Web_view-med.jpg

Took a look around IC but couldn't find one, can't seem to find on eBay or anywhere on the internet. Any help?

For fleece or any hunting item repair- I just pull edges together and sew away, never pretty but it works.

I am sorry for bring this back off of page 4 but after reading this I ordered one and just wanted to let everyone know that this thing really works.I was somewhat skeptical at first and once you get the hang of the right pressure to use on different types of material..those darn little stick-tights just fall right off.
Thanks for the heads up and if you are looking for something to do the trick,...this stone works!

Top Bottom