Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletch making tutorial

Just stumbled across this thread and absolutely love it. Great job. I just finished up fletching some shields and was kicking myself for not saving some feathers to try this. I'm getting one of those jigs for next year. Nothing like using the feathers from a turkey you harvested.

After reading this post, I had to buy all the tools and start making fletches out of the turkey feathers I've been saving. One word of caution- pay attention to the direction of the feather when chopping- I wasted several prime feathers by chopping in the wrong direction ;-(

I've killed several deer this year with my homemade feathers and hope to get at least 1 more before our season closes on Feb 1. I started the season with a neat double- a double bearded gobbler on one side of my stand and a doe fawn on the other side of the stand about an hour later. Both killed with homemade fletching from a spring turkey at the same spot. Also killed my 2nd biggest buck (a 12pt) out of the same tree about a month later...with same arrows. I'm shooting the woodgrain Gold Tip arrows and big snuffer heads. These fletchings look awesome and get me a bit closer to shooting trad out of my old compound bow.

Top Bottom