Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Free, 3/4" solid oak floor boards.

Wapsi Tree Rat

After 15 years the kitchen floor is going out the door. This was pre finished flooring (bad idea) and there are a lot of water spots, especially by the sink and entry ways. Most of it is in pretty good shape. The worst of it is the close up pic below. If a guy wanted to plane them down an 1/8" and refinish it'd be a nice floor. I don't want to put in the time but I hate to light it up. I have 400-450 sq ft.
Free to a good OR a bad home, I don't care! Just come pick it up!

IMG_20221122_211952.jpg
IMG_20221122_212019.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm...seeing as how I am both a pack rat AND a woodworker...this is a hard offer to pass up. I will take them, but if someone else wants them, they are welcome to get them.

PS. I have a pretty sturdy planer.

Hmmm...seeing as how I am both a pack rat AND a woodworker...this is a hard offer to pass up. I will take them, but if someone else wants them, they are welcome to get them.

PS. I have a pretty sturdy planer.
SOLD! ....to the swamp rat for $0.00. :). Seriously, hope you can find a good use for it.

Hey, I should have mentioned, there will also be tongue and groove staples to grind off. They were never glued though. I probably should have when I installed it.

Still want them?

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a couple of metal detectors for just such occasions. I have used them successfully in the past when reclaiming wood. I also will then likely use my "junk" planer for the first pass, so I don't risk my good blades on my main planer. All is well. :)

I can probably get them next week...unless somebody else really wants them, then no prob, they can take them. Otherwise, I will find something useful to do with them. I have used quite a little bit of reclaimed oak HW floor through the years on all manner of projects.

Yeah, I have a couple of metal detectors for just such occasions. I have used them successfully in the past when reclaiming wood. I also will then likely use my "junk" planer for the first pass, so I don't risk my good blades on my main planer. All is well. :)

I can probably get them next week...unless somebody else really wants them, then no prob, they can take them. Otherwise, I will find something useful to do with them. I have used quite a little bit of reclaimed oak HW floor through the years on all manner of projects.
All yours buddy. I don't have the old floor removed yet. We did early family Thanksgiving last weekend so we could pound out the floor Thurs, Fri, Sat....when I should be in a tree. Sneaking out of work early today, maybe I can score this evening.

I'll get with you on PM and we'll figure something out when I have a better time frame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom