Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Friend Find

sofakingfast_1

Had a buddy from Indiana come down last october and while he was here he wanted to do some squirrel hunting. His grandparents own a little piece of land in Van Buren county so we went out that way for the afternoon. He was walking along this ravine and spotted these. He's not big into deer hunting and said i could keep them but i told him he better hang on to a set like that! Definitly a nice find. Probably 150 class isnt it? I have been asking him to send me pictures and he finally did today. Figured id post it.
van_buren_county.jpg

Every deer and shed ive seen from that place has been...hmmm...unique. His grandpa has 2 bucks in his shed that have alot of junk on them.I guess they are from the 70's. They only own like 18 acres with a pond. It connects to a big chunk of prime timber that gets leased. Just a tease unless id get lucky and call one in during the rut.

Did he happen to find those just outside of Douds? My buddy was showing me a set tonight that looks almost exactly like those from 2 years ago. everything is the same exept the weird point coming of the G'3 and on its G'2 my buddies set has to kicker with one of them split

A great set...can't believe they weren't all chewed up if you found them in the fall.

BTW, like G6 said...18 acres is plenty as long as you've got a tree to climb it can be hunted. You could be dang surprised to know that those little ponds are magnets for big bucks...all you have to do is find the trails in and out and (like always) be there at the right time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler.Jensen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he happen to find those just outside of Douds? My buddy was showing me a set tonight that looks almost exactly like those from 2 years ago. everything is the same exept the weird point coming of the G'3 and on its G'2 my buddies set has to kicker with one of them split </div></div>

The place isnt far from Bentonsporte. Dont know where Douds is. Heard of it though.

Top Bottom