Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frustration from trail cameras!

Bowhunt

I have several nice deer on cameras from this year and years past only to lay eyes on a few of these deer. The mature deer I get pictures of are all at night and I rarely see these deer maybe once during the fall if I am lucky. Does anyone else find they have the same fate as I do? This just makes me curious to where the deer are coming and going from. I rarely have mature deer moving in daylight, and the only times that I have seen them have been spotlighting or during the rut. So how often do other hunters see mature deer that they have pictures of? Does anyone have multiple sightings?

Bowhunt, most of the photos I have of bigger bucks are at night as well, but I do have some during daylight also. I have taken more than one pic of the same buck. I have also seen bucks while hunting that I didn't have a picture of. One buck I have pictures of was bedding 3/4 of a mile away from where the picture was taken from. I know this because another hunter jumped him from his bed and shot him. A second buck that hung out with the above buck, was spotted 1 1/2 miles away from the camera area. Even though the picture is taken at night, it tells you he is in the area and what date he came through. I do set my camera up next to stand sights. If I do see one of the bigger ones I have a picture of while hunting, well, his next photo will be a group photo with me
grin.gif
. Hope this helps...

OZ

I am in the same boat as you!!! Most big bucks are night pictures, occasionally i get lucky with a day shot, but that is never a mature buck.But when you smack a Big one it nice to blow up a picture of it alive!! But when my perfect 10- 150+ plus vaishes into thin air, it keeps you sittin!!!

Top Bottom