Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fuel Prices

Fact check : check your sources and do better research because you are wrong
In 2019 the U.S. became energy-independent, a net exporter. Gas and electricity prices were low, and the U.S. was the largest producer of energy on the planet.

The 9,000 permits the White House keeps touting is misleading at best. Thousands of those sites can’t be developed as they are held up in litigation. Others require new permits and leases to make a full unit. Thousands more await approval. The number of available permits ready for production today stands around 1,500, and many of those are already drilling. No leases have been issued for federal land since 2020.

Hey, I don't know who is drilling what and where. What I do know is that under Trump we were a net exporter of oil. A week ago, under Biden, we were buying 600,000 barrels a day from RUSSIA, while they simultaneously murdered innocent women and children in Ukraine! Fast forward a week, and today we are begging Iran for oil?

OK, so we are going to grease the pockets of terrorists that have vowed to kill us all. Great. This should work out well, given the ease of entry into the States of America through our pathetic southern border. God help us all!
Funny how the covid recession caused a surplus and now that most everyone is back at work and leisure travel has suddenly increased demand now we have to import to meet the demand. It's a usage problem moreso than a supply problem.

And, is our oil importing from mideastern terrorists really lining the pockets of southern border crossers? Two different problems. Both problems, but zero percent connected.

Finally, isn't Trump supporting his Russian buddy in the Putin invasion?

This tells you everything you need to know about the current administrations goals.

End of story.

View attachment 122146
Pipeline was 10% complete and is not helping us get more US oil. It supports Canadian oil. They get the financial benefit while we bear the environmental risks to drinking water across the upper great plains. Also, it would not be complete for multiple years and would have no impact on what we are seeing today.

There are three core causes
1. Booming economy which impacts usage heavily both thru daily consumption and increased leisure usage (cabin fever effect from previously cancelled travel)
2. Labor shortage among oil producers (they need to attract more workers)
3. Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

And before I get labeled, I'm a registered independent, a decades long grassley voter, and a gun owner who will never vote for a federal democrat again if they pass loan forgiveness

The keystone pipeline is the famous one, but the entire pipeline industry has been decimated. Everyone thinks that a pipeline is going to somehow destroy the environment. Pipelines can't get funding because it's now too risky to do. Every project has lawsuit risk, that even if won, has long project delays due to legal battles. Oil now has to be shipped via truck or train. Nevermind all those tanker car crashes into the rivers. Also, natural gas makes up more pipeline flow than oil. Those projects aren't happening either because it's a pipeline, therefore, has to be bad.

Fact is electric cars are only possible is oil is expensive. The more expensive oil is, the more viable electric cars are. That is the motivation. They don't care if gas is high. That's what they want. Go buy your 50,000 Tesla if you don't like the price of gas. The little guy that can't afford it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Pipeline was 10% complete and is not helping us get more US oil. It supports Canadian oil. They get the financial benefit while we bear the environmental risks to drinking water across the upper great plains. Also, it would not be complete for multiple years and would have no impact on what we are seeing today.

1. Booming economy which impacts usage heavily both thru daily consumption and increased leisure usage (cabin fever effect from previously cancelled travel)

And before I get labeled, I'm a registered independent, a decades long grassley voter, and a gun owner who will never vote for a federal democrat again if they pass loan forgiveness
First of all, I do not believe that Trump is supporting Putin at all....Trump called Putin a genius and savvy for the way he went into the Ukraine and the words that Putin used to describe was he was doing....the left wing media wanted the world to believe that Trump was supporting Putin but use people with a half a brain know that is incorrect.

Shutting down pipelines has a direct impact of fuel prices, to put it simply; if you shut it down then we wont have any! BUT, opening a pipeline has the same effect, it will drive the prices down as they know there is more fuels on its way....that's just how the market works.

I think every American can understand why the fuel prices at this moment in time have increases over the past few weeks, we get that...but what we don't seem to understand is why LONG before Russia invaded Ukraine had the prices gone up every single month since the knucklehead took office? So do not tell me its a usage problem, or surplus problem.....
Nation wide Gas Prices
Jan 2021- $2.334
Jan 2022- $3.315

Funny how the covid recession caused a surplus and now that most everyone is back at work and leisure travel has suddenly increased demand now we have to import to meet the demand. It's a usage problem moreso than a supply problem.
Nice effort, but the US became a net exporter in November of 2019, long before covid was in the US. This was during a height of usage AND production. Again, this is a side effect of CNN doing your thinking for you.

And, is our oil importing from mideastern terrorists really lining the pockets of southern border crossers? Two different problems. Both problems, but zero percent connected.
You are missing the point. Connect the dots before terrorists connect with us.

1) We buy oil from terrorists and make them wealthy.

2) Terrorists can purchase weapons of mass destruction (dirty bombs...whatever)

3) Terrorists easily enter the US through our pathetic southern border with their new toys.

Finally, isn't Trump supporting his Russian buddy in the Putin invasion?
Was McCaffery supporting Purdue when he said the team is well coached?

Last edited:
What a pipeline supports is a cheap way to get oil to the refinery, which translates to cheaper pump prices. So your claim that we get no benefit is bunk.
It is possible your remember Trump saying, "Drill baby, drill." Before another drill bit breached the surface, oil prices went down. As Tmayer13 stated, it's the expectation of future activity that can drive the markets.

Yes, simple economics 101. Supply and demand drive prices. When supply is down and demand is high , as it is now, you might want to have a better place than Iran to fill the deficit. Look, if Biden gave crap about low gas prices, he would have every drill bit in the ground possible. If he gave a crap about the environment, he would drill ANWR, because it is so much cleaner than the oil he buys from our enemies that hate us.

Can you imagine trying to run a business that Uncle Samuel has vowed to eliminate? That has to pretty much suck!

No doubt this has also raised gas and oil prices.

Question: Why is now a good time for Putin to accomplish an objective he only has dreamed of since the break up of the Soviet Union?

I'm mostly OK with Grassley, but I'm a bigger fan of term limits.
Look, if these guys make stupid laws that stink up our country, they should have to go live in it themselves for a while. Most lifelong politicians need to go. First on my list...Mitch McConnell.

Unfortunately prices are insane right now.

Fortunately democrats are going to get smoked in November

Unfortunately we have 32 more months to the next presidential election

Fortunately there is zero chance Biden gets reelected.

Unfortunately the situation in Ukraine is likely to get worse before it gets better

Fortunately I expect the next president to reinstate Keystone day 1, drop the needless red-tape, and the US to be back on the path of energy independence

Cheers!

Hey, I don't know who is drilling what and where. What I do know is that under Trump we were a net exporter of oil. A week ago, under Hiden, we were buying 600,000 barrels a day from RUSSIA, while they simultaneously murdered innocent women and children in Ukraine! Fast forward a week, and today we are begging Iran for oil?

OK, so we are going to grease the pockets of terrorists that have vowed to kill us all. Great. This should work out well, given the ease of entry into the States of America through our pathetic southern border. God help us all!
And this reply above is really all that matters. Buy and use American oil and employ Americans or buy from our enemies and lay-off American workers

I keep hearing from democrats garbage about that the pipeline wouldn't be completed for a long time so it doesn't affect prices now. I'm not sure if they are liars or have no basic understanding of how our markets or economy works. Our markets, which include oil and other commodities are a FUTURES market. They are constantly changing while looking to the future, not just the here and now.

Last edited:
Might be good until you have to replace the batteries, heard they are pretty salty.
That AND most of our electricity still comes from burning fossil fuels, so it's 6 one way and half a dozen the other. People who drive electric cars today don't have any real reason to feel better about themselves, because they really aren't doing anything to save the environment. Sad but true.

That AND most of our electricity still comes from burning fossil fuels...
Yes, and what always gets lost in the conversation is the inefficiency.
Whenever you convert from one form to the other, there is a loss of power.

EV-Burn fuel to make electricity to power the vehicle.
OR...burn fuel to power the vehicle.

If EVs are your thing, fine. That's your choice (for now).
However, this crazy belief that the earth would be so much better without gas vehicles is a crock.

It's a world market no question. India is currently in negotiations to buy Russian oil now. We don't buy, someone else will..

Boycotting Russian oil and not finding another source (like making our own here), did nothing but penalize the American consumer..

"We showed them alright!!" :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I installed a large solar power system on my house recently, in an attempt to do SOMETHING... But even with that, I know it took a lot of fossil fuels to produce and transport the products. Not sure if it will be a net neutral carbon endeavor 20-25 years from now or not. I've read in several places that wind turbines reach net neutral carbon in about 20 years, and if they reach it, it's time to scrap them and start over.

IMO, doing anything to cripple our country's ability to decrease or stop the need for foreign fossil fuels from being imported, should almost be treated as an act of treason, or at least sabotage.

Nuclear technology has advanced greatly, but unfortunately, just saying the n word hits an immediate non-start wall with a certain group.

Doesn't make sense to burn fossil fuels to generate electricity, as previously mentioned, entropy takes a bite.

Wind and solar are not consistent generation methods, and we lack the ability to store the power.

I saw a "documentary" on how dirty solar is, might have been a Micheal Moore production. If half true, it wasn't pretty.

What country produces the raw materials necessary for EV battery production?

WHEN alternative technologies emerge, they will have an economic advantage over other sources, not hyper inflated costs to tilt the system one direction.

Nuclear technology has advanced greatly, but unfortunately, just saying the n word hits an immediate non-start wall with a certain group.

Doesn't make sense to burn fossil fuels to generate electricity, as previously mentioned, entropy takes a bite.

Wind and solar are not consistent generation methods, and we lack the ability to store the power.

I saw a "documentary" on how dirty solar is, might have been a Micheal Moore production. If half true, it wasn't pretty.

What country produces the raw materials necessary for EV battery production?

WHEN alternative technologies emerge, they will have an economic advantage over other sources, not hyper inflated costs to tilt the system one direction.

.... in local news: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...lades-global-fiberglass-solutions/7900376002/

Top Bottom