Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Game carts?

ironwood

I am going to pick up a cart soon and was wondering if there where any preferences for quality from members here. I am leaning towards the carts with heavier load ratings simply because it seems to convey higher quality to me. Let’s hear your good and bad comments.

It really depends on what you're using it for.
For whitetails, you don't need a lot of weight capacity. I've been happy with my Alum-i-Lite cart. Very light weight and portable, folds up and stores easily. Capacity- 250#...plenty.

For Elk or that type of larger loads in rougher terrain, I'd definetly go larger capacity and heavier duty construction, something with a "no weight on handle" design. (Wheels located in center of the cart like a see-saw)

Sure wish we had one the last time I backpacked an Elk out over 3 miles!!
bawling.gif

Just my $.02

>>--Ron--<>

I have used Cabelas Super Mag Hauler with the dual wheel kit, to haul out elk in Co. works great.Wouldn't need the extra tires for deer,unit was stable and easy to fold up and setup.
A friend used the Magnum Game Carrier and he was very unhappy with it.Wheel base not wide enough so it was unstable on rough ground.

Wheel base and stability is something I have not thought about. That makes perfect sense. I have been looking hard at the Super Mag Hauler by Cabelas but have considered settling for less because they are not right here to get my hands on right way. Not the wises of thoughts. A little patience goes a long ways.

we got one, dont know what kind but it works pretty darn good. I just wish they had some kind of brake on them for going down steep hills
blush.gif
once that momentum gets going it's kind of hard for one guy to stop it
grin.gif

Rudd, That crazy SOB just told me, set me up on the hill, when we see a good buck, give me a push and I will have my bow ready
blush.gif
I don't know if that is illegal or not, but he says that's how everyone hunts in michigan, out of a deer cart, on a steep grade. No wonder they never shoot any big bucks up there
wall.gif
beerchug.gif

ironhead
i have one, probably the cheapest cabelas had at the time. if i were to get another i would look for one with a wider wheel base, a lower center of gravity and wheels without wire spokes. they can get pretty tippy haulin one out of the woods when you run over bumps and branches and stuff. i tipped mine over a couple of times. once it bent the wheel and spokes. but it still beats draggin' them out.
waytogo.gif

WITH.....beer can holders Ghost!!!! And room for a cooler, deer, passenger and did I mention beer can holders

what do you need a game cart for? just tell those boys to get out there and drag that deer. tell 'em to "get my deer outta the timber, or get your a$$es outta my house"
evil.gif

Top Bottom