Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Garmin Xero bow sight

Windlooker

Been thinking about trying Garmins Xero range finding bow site. I hesitate only because simpler is better and a lot can go wrong with electronic gadgets. The price is nuts and I worry about the range finder picking up things other than the target, like range finders do. Anyone have experience with this site??

I've ran one on my own personal hunting bow for the last 3 years and have sold, put on and setup well over 50 here at Buck Hollow. Very popular sight and i've never had a customer have a single one of the issues that everyone seems to worry about - they have worked flawlessly.

Wow, that’s great to hear. What’s your personal pros and cons if I could ask.
Pro - I've never shot better with a hunting sight or had the level of confidence in being able to make a quick shot without worrying about the range.
Con _ Price

Setup on the PRO I can do in less than a half-hour start to finish if you can shoot well and repeatable.
Never had a battery go bad in one - actually have one running in the shop i have intentionally left ON that i show people how they work - still showing full charge after weeks.

Any state hunting regulation or B&C qualification that this site does or might break? Asking for a friend.

Any state hunting regulation or B&C qualification that this site does or might break? Asking for a friend.
There are states that do not allow it - not sure which ones - research the states you want to hunt.
- Iowa it is 100% legal - i have checked at the highest levels of the DNR to confirm.

B&C will take a deer found dead in the ditch so they could care less how you kill it.
Dont know about P&Y but truthfully I know very few that are putting deer in the books any more.anyway.

There are states that do not allow it - not sure which ones - research the states you want to hunt.
- Iowa it is 100% legal - i have checked at the highest levels of the DNR to confirm.

B&C will take a deer found dead in the ditch so they could care less how you kill it.
Dont know about P&Y but truthfully I know very few that are putting deer in the books any more.anyway.
B&C put out a statement about cellular cameras and they dont deem it fair chase...so I am not sure about that...but this is literally just a rangefinder on the bow right? My bro in law got one, loves it, but he would get confused with a 3 pin sight on a normal basis so theres that...

Yes - they do angle compensation as well as range to set shooting solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used the original Leopold Vendetta on my bow and loved it. It was a game changer. Not quite as expensive and it would work with any site pin system. The only bad thing about it is that it would read distance off of leaves and twigs between me and the deer from time to time.

if you have a concern that maybe it is giving you a reflected reading you can tap the button again and it brings up a full set of pins

Gun, off topic. Any opinion on Mathew’s Phase 4??
Mathews is a bow line i have chosen not to carry in my shop so I will withhold comment on their lineup.
Feel free to call and we can talk about that or the Lineups offered by Bowtech, Hoyt, PSE or Diamond.

Gun, gonna put you on the spot. So, for years I was a Hoyt guy. Great company. Years back bought a Mathew’s z7 extreme. Went to Mathew’s. By far my favorite bow ever. Sell me on Hoyts flagship. What are they doing. Thanks. Appreciate your advice

Gun, gonna put you on the spot. So, for years I was a Hoyt guy. Great company. Years back bought a Mathew’s z7 extreme. Went to Mathew’s. By far my favorite bow ever. Sell me on Hoyts flagship. What are they doing. Thanks. Appreciate your advice
Give me a call - would be happy to compare and contrast for you
- My Hoyt sales tripled last year - has to be a reason - amazing bow
Boyd at Buck Hollow = 641-628-4586

I'll chime in here. Never been a fan of Hoyts hunting bows. There's been a few that I didn't dislike but never enough to change. With that being said the new one changed my opinion completely. Really nice shooting bow. I'd own it in a heartbeat. Love the draw cycle and how it holds. Have 2 buddies currently shooting it and they are typically pretty picky on bows and both love them. Hoyt nocked it out the park with this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom