Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gear Check

Summer is a great time to inventory, repair/replace, and "air out" your smelly hunting gear (camo, boots, stands, orange vest, decoys, etc) that's been stored in your garage and/or truck all Winter.
2b1327d567de55df23de74f55d539381.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Spent some time today putting new hockey tape on lone wolf sticks. Feels good to do something related to hunting.

Last fall, I grabbed my bow hunting bag only to find it stuffed with my spring turkey hunting gear. . Took me a bit to reassemble my gear. Planning ahead is good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the purpose of the tape? How do you use it?

It deadens the sound a bit, makes the sticks warmer to the touch, gives a better grip and cuts the shine.

I pull off all the hardware, wrap from the bottom overlapping about half the width, cut slits with a utility knife in all the holes and put the hardware back on. Sticks are a little tough to stack for the first few times until some of the tape tears free in the right spots.

It deadens the sound a bit, makes the sticks warmer to the touch, gives a better grip and cuts the shine.

I pull off all the hardware, wrap from the bottom overlapping about half the width, cut slits with a utility knife in all the holes and put the hardware back on. Sticks are a little tough to stack for the first few times until some of the tape tears free in the right spots.
Good idea. Thanks for the tip.

I let mine air out for days & when I get fine hunting. My one lesson ??? I had merino wool in bins.... several of them have holes all over them. I wonder if it’s from moths? I remember all the “old folks” when I was a kid having moth balls. Now I think I know why!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom