Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting out/bumping deer

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I have permission to hunt some private ground that is 40 acres. Only about 30 is huntable the rest is pasture by the road and a house. Theres a creek behind the house and on the other side is a row of good trees, I could put a stand in them then beyond that it is just crp and really thick forearm diameter tress and underbrush, nowhere to put a stand. So the only place to really put a stand would be that row of good trees but they are only about 60 yards behind the house. There is a cornfield to the south, road with a golfcourse to the west, a nice timber to the north that has that creek along it and a picked cornfield to the east. I've had great luck using my blind in the northwest corner of the property and see 10+ deer each sit. They come out and feed in the feild and I've had them walk by me at 5 yards. The bed along the creek and in all that thick CRP. It seems I can get in good but coming out I spook deer. Not sure if they spook but I usually cause a few blows. Any suggestions? Do most of you spook a few deer on the way in or out?

I stomp one foot and blow back at them, make them think your another deer. Even run a little ways like your spooked. Sounds stupid but I have done this with deer i spooked in the daylight and had them calm down.

Top Bottom