Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good!, poacher gets caught, 5years possible prison

rambo.gif
crazy.gif
sniper.gif

the man george waters is my uncle. its been going on for longer than that and he is going to go away for a long time im glad.wets say he is the black sheep of the family theres alot more than what u know on that story.there were 70 dnrs from three different states that raided his house in may and over 100 people got supennad. and the bad part is he is going to take the brunt of the force cause he wont rat out his so called friends who were right be side him. yes ive seen some monsterous rack down at his house many 200" and up nontypicals and many 170" up typicals so im gald to see this happen to him
sniper.gif

16 point did you know he was doing this sounds like you did ?
Why would you not turn him in ? I'd turn anyone one in if I knew they were doing this....anyone!
I'd personally like to see the low life have his fingers cut off and then jailed for 20 years. Along with anyone who was doing it with him.
The price these type of guys pay continues to be far to little that why they do it..!!

The day they nailed Waters they raided the place his girlfriend lives which happens to be one of my dad's farm houses. Six federal agents searched all our barns, buildings, shop, equipment, etc. Thank god they got this guy. I remember seeing big racks in his truck when he would be out. I never talked to the guy but I always noticed he had deer mounts with him. I guess I'll always wonder if the bastard poached off our property!!
lynchstill.gif

im glad that they caught that sob. i cant stand poachers, like everyone else on the site. especially when he was doing it where i hunt in the ammunition plant and also back home in bluegrass. on another farm i hunt i didnt see as many big bucks as i usually do and it turns out they caught another guy that had 13 big buck heads that he shot all around the area i hunt.
frown.gif
so im glad to hear he got caught!!!!!!

Good to see that this one was removed from the poaching population and can only hope that many of his friends drop with him. I have a real problenm with someone shooting a buck for the purpose of financial gain or for sheer greed. He sounds like a big player in the whole scheme of things but there are many more where he comes from. Good riddins to the poor bastage, our hunting community does not need that sort of person among us.

Hunting Friends , Read back through theys post and see what you think could some members of this site have missed a chance to be part of this guy going down. Not looking to point any finger or any thing like that. Just want to make you aware when you see something that don't add up many times there will be good reason .. My guess is that many more were aware that this or something unsportmen like was taking place and hunters just looked the other way or just plain did not want to get involved.
Thats just a guess but something this big someone and most likely many more than one know of it well before now.
Personally I think we all need to be aware of whats going on around us and when something don't add up make a call to your DNR... even if it happens to be a non-issue I'm sure they will be glad your working to help them protect our game. Just something to think about , I just have a bad feeling that good hunters had to have an idea this was going on . Or at least thought something was wrong... It's our GAME help protect it. Hell it's our country we need to try and be more aware and forth coming to protect it!
rambo.gif

Thanks and best of luck to you all keep your eyes open and have that DNR number with ya... A huntN friend.
grin.gif

There maybe more to their story than told. He might have told them he bought them. I don't think you need to make it sound like other people let him get away with it. JMHO.

LIV4Rut made a point that hit me. Imaging how many good, ethical hunters glassed fields in late summer, got trail cam photo's and dedicated 1 or more years in pursuit, only to have that animal disapear. It probable took more than one season for that ethical hunter to realize that he was gone. He probably looked for his sheds for at least two seasons, holding onto the hope that he was still there. He probably passed several great bucks with the hope of taking that once in a life time buck. Unfortunately, some jerk with a rifle and a spot light cheated him out of his trophy. With as many animals as this guy poached I'm sure that there are hundeds of hunters that suffered for his greed. My heart goes out to these ethical hunters and I sure hope that this creep never gets a hunting license to hunt anything, anywhere, ever!

Bowman

Re: Good!, poacher gets caught, 5years possible pr

Well said Bowman.
beerchug.gif
I for one was grinning ear to ear the day the DNR caught the slime ball in our neighborhood. He had a .22-.250 bolted in a hard case under the bed of his truck. The CO caught supicous when he saw the box of shells sitting in the front seat. who knows how many deer fell to the high power. I for one have found at least two "nice" bucks dead on our propery over the years. The DNR said most of these guys work in groups. One spotlights another shoots, and still another comes back later to retrive the rack. Pretty sick. We all as ethical hunters need to band together and start call the TIP line when things don't add up.

mole

we did have a big clue he was doing this but he had a good cover up owning his own taxidermy shop and yes we did notify the dnr when we found dead deer and told them of the stuff he was doing but they would just say we are watching him and were going to haft to catch him in the act so i dont know if mole is talking of some one else or not but i never heard of any spot lights being used wets stick to the story not the rumors.

read the gazette in the iowa today section there is an article on how they caght him. DNA is a wonderful thing
flame.jpg

I think we should all look at ourselves in regards to poaching. If you know someone is doing it, and you do nothing, you are an accomplice. Just cause you know the person and he is a 'friend' means nothing. What kind of friend would poach deer off you anyhow?! Talk to em personally...if that doesn't work, turn him in. The best info a CO gets is from the public and TIP. As responsible hunters, we have an obligation to protect the resource we love to chase. Sitting around pissing and moaning while not helping out does nothing. Take it from me.....cause I've done the turning in and feel no remorse. The only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
893drillsergeant-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom