Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Google Earth and Weather.com

ironwood

I thought it would be a good time to get ideas from members about their favorite web data sorces for aero and weather info.

I have seen google earth and couldn't believe how sweet it looks, but I have had trouble getting it to run correctly on my PC. I intend to spend some time on this because of the grewat images provided.

For weather I have been using Weather.com I really like the hour by hour forcast to predict wind change for the days hunt.

Let see you favorites and how you use them to improve your hunts.

I like to use this one...its alot more better.

My Weather

Google Earth, that thing is just awesome we have it on our laptops at school, its pretty cool.

Without a doubt,weatherbug.com.

Download it to you're desk top and it gives you the live conditions for you're area and flashes an alert for any severe weather.

I like Google Earth. I even sent in the 14 bucks for an "upgrade"? Can't tell the difference. Some areas, like Leon/Decatur County are not very high resolution, gee I wonder why I was looking at Leon? I like GE better than the GIS because you can "fly" esier to new areas.

For weather I use the rock site, if its wet..... And the chain site, if its straight out....

Ironwood, When I first downloaded GE it ran fine, then something happened so it would open up and run for about 30 seconds then lock up. I emailed GE with the error message and what it was doing and they sent me directions on how to fix it. It was basically downloading an up dated graphics loader gizzy thingy from Micro Soft. Runs great ever since. Maybe it is worth the 14 bucks.

The 'Bonker

accuweather.com has been the best for me
weather.com is pretty good as well

Google Earth is nice, the interface is handy. They haven't gotten very good resolution over most of the major hunting areas in Iowa yet. If they could improve that to what they have for other counties like Johnson I'd be sold.

terraserver

I have a hunting binder that consists of past years notes and 100's of topo/terraserver plastic sleeved sheets that show stand locations. When I have a SE wind for example and I can't think off where I might want to sit....I whip out the master binder and flip through it looking at various stand locations and how they lay, finding just the right one for the SE wind...bingo I am of to hunt!!!!
grin.gif

"accuweather.com has been the best for me
weather.com is pretty good as well"

These are the two weather sites I use also. I often find myself hitting the 10 day forcast and the hourly day report on both sites to make sure I get a consensus report!
grin.gif

Top Bottom