Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Governor Non-resident archery tags

koba

He guys i was famous ! Well atleast for 15 minutes. Can any one comp me on this one? Any one got a link to who is on the list?

your last name has to be Drury, Primos, Jordan, or the like..seriously, where's the IBA on this one? Such a fine upstanding organization dedicated to eradicating non-resident deer hunting in iowa should have choked this thing out instead of letting it expand?

[ QUOTE ]
where's the IBA on this one? Such a fine upstanding organization dedicated to eradicating non-resident deer hunting in iowa should have choked this thing out instead of letting it expand?

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG!!

IBA doesn't want to eradicate NR deer hunting, just to make sure it doesn't expand.

Of course you know that but it's not working out for you personally as it is.

Well tough.

Any NR hunter that knows his behind from a hole in the wall also supports not expanding the NR anysex quota. Some of them actually still find ground to hunt that isn't leased or up to it's eyeballs in hunters here.

Try that in Michigan or east central Wisconsin.

OK just an update on the list. It's not done yet and will be made available soon. Once I get it I'll post it. Just so you know there are 75 available tags this year and 69 are spoken for so far.

JC

the IBA isn't trying to ban/ebolish non resident hunting. as a state with nearly the lowest amount of public land per person, any expansion of the NR quotas would have an imediate impact on the quality of hunting in iowa. if more states (illinois, kansas, michigan, indiana, minnesota) followed the model of iowa, people could find quality hunting closer to home.

[ QUOTE ]
if more states (illinois, kansas, michigan, indiana, minnesota) followed the model of iowa, people could find quality hunting closer to home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good luck with that.
frown.gif

Here is the list of celebs, writers,foundations and people with connections:

Steve Tjornhom
Billy Kindrick
Buck Harris
Patrick Muellerleile
Deb Olson
Craig Olson
Scott Taylor
Craig Greer
E. Alex Rutledge
Phillip Vanderpool
Eddie Salter
Mitch Hagen
Mike Capps
Dave Henderson
Scott Bestul
Doug Kroeck
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
National Wild Turkey Federation
Jim Martin
Bo Jackson
Josh Kinney
Miranda Lambert
Gary LeVox
Blake Shelton
William Pellegrino
Tammi Gregory
Julie Kreuter
Terry Drury
Steve Stoltz
Brooks Johnson
Walter Parrott
William Spann
Caryn Moss
Jesse Morehead
Danny Evans
Gregg Ritz, Stratham,
Roger Raglin
Peter Brown
Kenneth Stilger
Terry Stilger
Jackie Bushman,
Brenda Potts
Jerry & Glenda Miller
Aaron Pellett
Rusty Sellars
Rob Hunt
Joseph Difranseco,
JD Martin
Jerry Martin
Matthew Hughes
Mark Hughes
Aaron Tippin
Tracey Lawrence
Ryan Klesko
David Adam
Bill Jordan
Harold Knight
David Hale
William Konway
Jim Strelec
Ron Cormier
Tammy Koenig
Andrae D'Acquisto
Todd Cast
LA Harris
Jim Cunningham
Jimmy Cunningham

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the list of celebs, writers,foundations and people with connections:

Steve Tjornhom
Billy Kindrick
Buck Harris
Patrick Muellerleile
Deb Olson
Craig Olson
Scott Taylor
Craig Greer
E. Alex Rutledge
Phillip Vanderpool
Eddie Salter
Mitch Hagen
Mike Capps
Dave Henderson
Scott Bestul
Doug Kroeck
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
National Wild Turkey Federation
Jim Martin
Bo Jackson
Josh Kinney
Miranda Lambert
Gary LeVox
Blake Shelton
William Pellegrino
Tammi Gregory
Julie Kreuter
Terry Drury
Steve Stoltz
Brooks Johnson
Walter Parrott
William Spann
Caryn Moss
Jesse Morehead
Danny Evans
Gregg Ritz, Stratham,
Roger Raglin
Peter Brown
Kenneth Stilger
Terry Stilger
Jackie Bushman,
Brenda Potts
Jerry & Glenda Miller
Aaron Pellett
Rusty Sellars
Rob Hunt
Joseph Difranseco,
JD Martin
Jerry Martin
Matthew Hughes
Mark Hughes
Aaron Tippin
Tracey Lawrence
Ryan Klesko
David Adam
Bill Jordan
Harold Knight
David Hale
William Konway
Jim Strelec
Ron Cormier
Tammy Koenig
Andrae D'Acquisto
Todd Cast
LA Harris
Jim Cunningham
Jimmy Cunningham

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Iowa will get plenty of air time next year!
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miranda lambert can come hunt with me!

[/ QUOTE ]

yayayayayayayayayayayayayay me too
grin.gif

Bo knows got one this year again huh. Would be kinda cool to get a hook-up with one of the CM singers. Be a great story on Monday with the guys at work, yeah I took ole what's his/her name hunting this weekend, got some back stage passes and tickets for their next local venue, lol.

[ QUOTE ]
if more states (illinois, kansas, michigan, indiana, minnesota) followed the model of iowa, people could find quality hunting closer to home.

[/ QUOTE ]

MN adopting Iowa's restricted NR licenses wouldn't have one impact on the state at all. Moving the gun hunt out of the main rut would and then about 3 years to follow we'd need something in place. But in hind sight, I'm fine with the way it is to a degree. It's hard enough to find ground to hunt without instituting varying big buck practices to only draw in more people.
grin.gif

I saw Bo Jackson's story last year. He hunted up in north central Iowa. He couldnt' connect on a buck so he harvested a doe and then processed/butchered all the meat himself.

If the guy is willing to do that for the opportunity to hunt in Iowa he can come hunt with me any day.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw Bo Jackson's story last year. He hunted up in north central Iowa. He couldnt' connect on a buck so he harvested a doe and then processed/butchered all the meat himself.

If the guy is willing to do that for the opportunity to hunt in Iowa he can come hunt with me any day.

[/ QUOTE ]Bo knows whitetails.

So when these "celebrities" advertise their videos as 100% fair chase, is it really 100% fair if they get special tags... just playing devil's advocate
grin.gif

question:

Some of those names are names of what I thought were Iowa Residents. Maybe they are not and I've just assumed that.

But, can an Iowa celeb get a regular tag plus one of these tags?

I'm glad my state doesn't do this... and I'm glad I'm not one of these celebs - if I am ever to hunt Iowa it will be by applying under the same lottery process everyone else does.

Blake was in my neck of the woods last spring hunting Turkeys with Tiffany and Lee. Wonder if him and his GF (Miranda) are coming back to hunt with them this fall. Might be worth a trip to Salem, he likes to hit the local watering holes of an evening, but not to see him.
evil.gif
evil.gif

Top Bottom