Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Graduation Bird

PMA Member
I have been struggling this 4th season to kill a mature tom. They wouldn't fan for sh@$. All I could get were jakes.:thrwrck:My son graduates Sunday and we are having the ritual shin dig that evening.The old lady is on my a@$ hard! I had a meeting this morning to that I had to be at so I hit the woods about 10 till 5. I didn't here a single gobble till a little after 6 a.m and it didn't come from my timber. Off to the neighbors I go and crawl onto the ridge. The sun is well up and long story short I bust them off the roost! I walk back to the truck and drive by my bottom timber. Low and behold theres a tom out strutting. That SOB would let me get 60 to 70 yards and then move. I never could catch up to him. He finally just left the field into the timber. I get back to the truck and drive by my other timber. There is a tom walking along the edge. I slow up to take a look and he runs into the ditch. I park out of site and grab the fan and the old 10. I walk a 1/4 mile crouched over on the backside of the terrace to where I think he went in. I raise the fan and without even calling I get a gobble and its close!
I look under the fan and he's about 60 to 70 yards strutting. I yelp and purr and he moves closer. He then stops and I move down the terrace. This makes him move a little but not much. I then started slapping the grass with the fan. Let me tell you what that tom came on a dead run! I pulled the trigger at 10 yards and just nicked his head and destroyed his fan. I then put another one in him to finish the job. I think I will put the modified choke back in for next year!:way: This by far is my biggest bird. Please excuse the pics, I had one pissed off old lady. This all shook out a little before 8 A.M. May 17th.

Stats.
25 pounds
1 4/8 spur
1 5/8 spur
11 inch main beard
9 1/8 2nd beard

SCORE 78.25 Typical
SCORE 96.50 NonTypical

Top Bottom