Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Morning

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Saturday AM was one of the best mornings I have ever had in the stand and I didn't have a single deer worth talking about come into sight. The leaves were all changed- Fog was rolling in- animals were talking and the sunrise was worth remembering. Just snapped a quick photo with the phone and it barely caught how great it was. This photo to me- besides the "hunting" aspect- is why I enjoy hunting. I truly love being outside and mornings like that are why I enjoy the outdoors- even when the bow never left the hook. People sleeping in just didn't know what they were missing:)

Thought i would share as I am sure many of you have days like this all too often! Sometimes we just need to slow down- take in our surrounds and be thankful for whats around us. Good-luck in the next few weeks- should be getting real good!

10384836_813360986664_2214322410631058036_n.jpg

Glad to see there's still people out there who don't get caught up in pursuing just an animal and forgetting to pursue the adventure that is hunting. It's all about the experiences you feel and encounter.

The top rope on my Muddy Bloodsport came loose Saturday it was my first morning sit and just like you described it was a great morning, but man was I shaking for about 20 minutes after that little episode!! Luckily I caught it almost right away, but scary when your platform starts to fold up on you. Was attached to tree, but at 25ft up still shakes you up!! Luckily was sitting a double with a buddy and he was able to help out.

The top rope on my Muddy Bloodsport came loose Saturday it was my first morning sit and just like you described it was a great morning, but man was I shaking for about 20 minutes after that little episode!! Luckily I caught it almost right away, but scary when your platform starts to fold up on you. Was attached to tree, but at 25ft up still shakes you up!! Luckily was sitting a double with a buddy and he was able to help out.

Close call- glad things worked out!! Could of gone another way

I was out Saturday morning as well & had similar thoughts. I'm the same way in that each time I'm out I feel thankful for just that - to be out. Even heard a couple turkey gobbles ... I guess they approved of the morning as well. Best three months of the year ... September, October & November, imo. Good luck to everyone heading into the coming weeks!

-Longspurs-

Saturday AM was one of the best mornings I have ever had in the stand and I didn't have a single deer worth talking about come into sight. The leaves were all changed- Fog was rolling in- animals were talking and the sunrise was worth remembering. Just snapped a quick photo with the phone and it barely caught how great it was. This photo to me- besides the "hunting" aspect- is why I enjoy hunting. I truly love being outside and mornings like that are why I enjoy the outdoors- even when the bow never left the hook. People sleeping in just didn't know what they were missing:)

Thought i would share as I am sure many of you have days like this all too often! Sometimes we just need to slow down- take in our surrounds and be thankful for whats around us. Good-luck in the next few weeks- should be getting real good!

I always take a pic of the sunrise or sunset from my stand. I always appreciate being there when mother nature wakes up or goes to bed. You can't get that from staying in the house.

That would be scary.. I haven't had that problem with mine yet.. did you double-knot the tag end of your rope to the attached side after running it through the cleats?

Nice pic Dahms! We went pheasant hunting.. saw quite a few but no shots.

Last edited:
Great picture BDAHMS. Some people really do forget or don't even realize how amazing mother nature can be. One of my favorite things things to do is sit in the treestand and watch as the timber comes alive with wildlife. Except for squirrels...taking my air rifle with me to the stand next time...

Bring your vest and gun when you head this way in a few weeks- we will make sure to get in one good walk (after we are both tagged out) Pheasant and quail have been flying like crazy across the street from where we ran into the bobcat shed hunting

That would be scary.. I haven't had that problem with mine yet.. did you double-knot the tag end of your rope to the attached side after running it through the cleats?

Yeah, the problem was the top tree cleat had shifted I assume towards me when I stepped on the very side of the stand to get into my stand. It was dark of course so I couldn't see that happening and was preoccupied with getting my pack hung, etc.

Since it shifted, the top strap no longer was as tight and had sagged all the way down to the point where there was no tension holding it in the cam locks.

Top Bottom