Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Week to Share

Hillwalker

Well i will share. Have been hunting hard in November. Put in probably 15 -20 hunts. Have not seen near the deer that I have in my 25 years of hunting this year. Lots of corn in, EHD, Excessive doe tags etc.
We had a trip planned to leave Thursday Morn. as my daughter had a baby on 11-12-13, (good date huh). She is near Denver and her hubby gave my wife and I, 2 great tickets to the Broncos/Chiefs game Sunday night 15 yard line 10 rows up:). We had to leave the house at 4:00 AM to get to the Omaha airport for a 6:45 am flight. So I was not going to hunt Wednesday night because I had to much to get done even though I had the day off. I also needed a break from hunting all weekend.
But I dropped my brother off to hunt one of my stands around 2:00 pm and drove by one of my spots and thought what the heck I will sit tonight and not change oil in my truck but prolly won't get a buck anyway cause I will have to take care of it before flying out early the next morning.
Well I hunted anyway. I went to my North stand and got in late about 3:30 pm. As I sat there I said what are you doing in this stand you just saw a Nice buck chase a doe into the bedding area 400 yards south under your "acorn Stand" this morning. So, I moved to it at 4:00 pm exactly. At about 5:00 pm I see buck coming from my left. It looks like the 100" 8 point I have been passing. But as he got closer I saw the body was huge and he was much wider and more mass. I took the bow off the hanger and drew back. He is in picked corn and stopped to face me. I held it for what felt like 5 minutes. Thought about letting it down but he would see me move for sure move. I held it anchored and into my peep and started to shake a little and then he started to move by broad side at 15 yards, my stand is 20 ft high, I baaaed to stop him and took time to pick a spot and hit the release. The Easton Pile driver tipped with a Montec hit him perfect but the arrow went about half way in high on the near side lung. Blood actually pumped out as he ran to the south jumped a fence into the picked bean field and spun down in site. WOW what a hunt. Now I have to take care of him before I fly to Denver. I didn't want him to hang for 6 days. So, I capped him out. Don't know if I'll mount or not. But has a beautiful cape. Roughed at about 135" but the body is huge. Now I am typing this at my daughters house in Denver and seeing the new baby girl and going to see the Broncos win Sunday night. Sorry for the long story. Here is a couple of pics.

Last edited:
Hope someday you get to sit in a stand with that little girl and watch her take a bigger buck. That's a heck of a buck!!!!!

Top Bottom