Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun Vault

MN Hunter

I’m in the market for a fireproof gun vault. I don’t have a lot of guns. Would probably never have anymore than 25. Does anyone have anything in particular I should be looking for, or brands to stay away from? I want something that is quality. Buy once, cry once.

I went with a Liberty. No complaints. Got it from cabelas and they have them in sale a few times a year for a decent amount off. Or Black Friday they can be found pretty cheap

Make sure it has a key to get it open if electronics fail!!! I had posted my experience on a cannon safe on here that didn’t end up going to well ;).

Have a Liberty, it is a great safe. I am old school so did not go electronic don’t want stupid electronics to cost me a $2000 safe. do yourself a favor and buy bigger than you expect. I have the 40 gun and figured I would never fill it. Didn’t take long and I am in the market for a second safe now.

Make sure it has a key to get it open if electronics fail!!! I had posted my experience on a cannon safe on here that didn’t end up going to well ;).
Never gave that a thought. Did you have to cut it open? Do they normally come with a key if they have an electronic keypad? I have a stack-on nice safe but don't know if the keypad fails what would happen

Never gave that a thought. Did you have to cut it open? Do they normally come with a key if they have an electronic keypad? I have a stack-on nice safe but don't know if the keypad fails what would happen
Your stack on should have come with a key if it’s electronic, I have 2 and they both did

AB2BA6C4-DC1B-4743-9E9A-B7DB7319D4D0.jpeg
2180894C-F607-4C7A-8186-D371488738B0.jpeg

This was the result. Ya- cut open. Here’s the crazy part.... I was in with a drill and recip saw in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Thing was a tin can. Most do come with a key now. Just don’t want anyone to think these are really secure from theft or fire on the cheap safes.

Attachments

• 6BCF3C91-E8C6-48FD-80D9-0FA42A897995.jpeg
    6BCF3C91-E8C6-48FD-80D9-0FA42A897995.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 210
Pella Security makes quality safes.

I have had a couple of the American Security Safes. A friend of mine owns a company that sell them. They have a good fire rating, and what sold me was the had one in their showroom that had been in a fire. The guy that owned it had a lot of cash inside and was worried that it would be destroyed. When they got it open and with the customer and insurance adjuster standing there, the cash was fine.

Residential Gun Safes - AMSEC Residential Safes - Gun Safes and Security Products (amsecusa.com)

Buy one 3 times bigger than you think you need and you'll wish you'd bought larger after a couple of years.

Top Bottom