Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Harvest data & tags for late shed buck season…

This has been going on for a couple years now. I also believe it is not a state wide tag. That extra tag can only be used in that particular zone. Not 100% on that but pretty sure.

What is the way to contact our legislators and ask them to overturn some of these regulations that were put in place? Maybe some talking points we can use to try convince them. And realize this is a bi-partison issue, that we can approach anyone who would possibly think like we do.

What is the way to contact our legislators and ask them to overturn some of these regulations that were put in place? Maybe some talking points we can use to try convince them. And realize this is a bi-partison issue, that we can approach anyone who would possibly think like we do.

It’s easy to contact your legislators. If you know who they are google them. If not go to https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators.

Good luck to you. I was told last year going on offense like this was a waste of time. We are here to play defense only. There was someone on here who supported Rozenboom and the like. Now here we are. But what do I know?

2DBE4142-4E0F-4042-8207-F673B6DF75D6.gif

I voted for everyone that had a R in front of their name except him! When I got to his vote nothing was marked….. definitely can’t vote for the crazy left side

I realized I never posted final data from "Shed Buck" season

At 8AM on January 11th, these were the harvest tallies for 2022-2023 seasons
Does (mature + fawn) = 50,675
Antlered Bucks = 46,313
Button Bucks = 8,125
Shed Bucks = 899
TOTAL harvest = 106,012

At 8AM on January 24th, these were the harvest tallies following the late, late, extra, bonus, farm bureau/insurance lobby season
Does (mature + fawn) = 53,614
Antlered Bucks = 46,465 (of the 152 harvested, 127 were already reported by January 12th so maybe a data delay but that means 25 for sure were taken illegally)
Button Bucks = 8,453 (328 more bucks)
Shed Bucks = 1,055 (156 more bucks)
TOTAL harvest = 109,587
Of the 3,575 additional deer taken, 636 of them were bucks (17.79%)

Tags that remained at 8:20AM on January 11th was 4623. Tags that remained at the end was 1300. So minimum of 3323 tags sold (I was late getting the starting tally data). I don't recall the price of each tag for this season, and it was probably a small blend of full price and reduced additional tag price so this season generated about $60,000 for the state which values each killed buck at $94 each if valuing a doe at $0.

Top Bottom