Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have you ever tried...

DWlLK

PMA Member
...to eat peanuts while on stand? Im not saying this works 100% of the time, but it works for me. For some reason they must be attracted to the protein in the nut or maybe its the salt; Im not an expert at what attracts them. Whatever it is it works and I plan I talking a couple of cans out to the stand every time I go. Hope you guys try this and let me know if it works. Good luck and happy hunting!

one thing about this site is there are always new things to learn on here...maybe try peanut butter on the tree. I'd think the oily texture would hole the scent for at least a couple days

Maybe you could just take one of these.
Hunters-Specialties-Kruncher-Call.jpg

http://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Hunters-Specialties-Kruncher-Call.jpg

One of the tricks to prevent deer damage to crops is to sting and electric fence around it, fold aluminum foil over the electric wire, then smear it with peanut butter. I guess the deer don't like getting zapped on the nose.:grin:

Could this be considered baiting? I really think you should check with your local CO before doing this anymore.

baiting shmaiting....im not on good terms with the dnr right now, so i would prefer to not to speak with any dnr personnel any time soon...p.s. i think they prefer honey roasted over salted

baiting shmaiting....im not on good terms with the dnr right now, so i would prefer to not to speak with any dnr personnel any time soon...p.s. i think they prefer honey roasted over salted

Really? I would think Chipotle...

How about almonds, pecans, pistachios, or any other nuts. Do they work as well? Maybe a nut medley of sorts would be the ultimate ticket!!

I guess it worked for your PB&J buck, so I am not surprised anymore. How the hell does that kruncher work anyway??? Does anyone know?

I would think the odor would probably get there curiousity for sure & not spook them? I read an article ten or more years ago about using peanut butter to attract deer. The author swore by it & believe it or not, he said they prefered Jiff over all others. Mom was right :)

GUYS!!! I just met the CEO of the Jiffy corporation! I talked to him about my peanut butter ideas and the incorporation of peanuts. He said if I buy a farm he will supply me with all the peanut butter i need for my hunts! I went straight to the bank and took out a loan! I'm gonna make a dvd called "hunting with tiny, salty nuts" and sell it to pay off the farm! I'm the luckiest guy in the world! I can't believe I get to be the one that revolutionizes the world as deer hunting!!!

Top Bottom