Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

He outsmarted me!!!!

S

Slim

I know this is the harvest report forum but I need to cry a little. Out last night with my early muzzy tag. I hadn't seen a buck all week. Last night I set up on a bean field edge. Start rattling about 6. 5 minutes pass out of the brush steps the monster non typ
bigshock.gif
I have had my hopes on since seeing him in august. On the hoof Im guessing he goes 150 inches gross. Any way he walks the edge of the brush pile looking for the bucks making the noise. Get's to a drainage ditch starts heading my way!! Im thinking deal closed already. All I can see coming is antlers above the beans. Wait! in the process he kicks up a doe into the field in front of me. He stops and steps up all I have is a head now. To make a long story short I wasn't in the brush deep enough, the doe pinned me down and he pinned me realizing he was looking down the barrel of my knight muzzy he bolted. I took a 100yd running shot. No dice. After thinking about it I should have held my lead and I probably would have scared him less. Any opinions do you guys think he would be back in the same bedding area tonight after being shot at? My guess is he won't come out for the horns this time. Give me your thoughts there's too much experience on this sight not to get some opinions. Thanks guys for letting my cry again!!
bawling.gif

I think your right slim. the rattling may be a little soon for him again but maybe try calling. I would definatly try the bean field again though. If it's possible, take some human hair in a nylon sock and hang it from a tree in a couple of spots upwind from where you think he may come out. That would sort of funnel him out into the field upwind from you. At least that's the theory. Also, I would not worry about a few bean plants (close to him) covering him up for a shot, even at 100 yards. If there is any bullet deflection, it's not gonna be enough to make a difference. With one day left, desperate times lead to desperate measures. Good luck........
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom