Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Headline: Alberta shed hunters sighted in Wisconsin and Iowa !!!

Tony, we thought hard about knocking on a few doors for permission on our way back to Madison, but we just didn't have the time. Maybe next year we'll have to arrange a north-south get together if we make it that way again.

The open hardwoods that I saw along the road were very inviting for an Alberta boy used to wild rose thickets and willows so thick that you have to crawl on your knees to get through. Oh well, that's where the big guys hang out, and I'm not complaining!

As for the show, the biggest wild deer sheds in the place were on our table, but there was a set from a high-fenced operation that had 198 inches of typical bone and scored 220+ non-typical. Truly impressive, but like I said, a game farm animal.

There was also a guy from Saskatchewan that had some great sheds zipped-strapped to a beam over his head. What a way to display sheds. There may have been a few more big bones lying around, but I didn't see 'em.

We're still looking hard, will be for a month or so. There is a group coming in from Wisconsin to shed hunt next week, they are coming up to hunt in the fall as well and wanted to have a look around. I'll let you know what we come up with!

Top Bottom