Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herbicides

I think I saw some at Theisen's, or check with Fleet Farm in Ankeny. Or order Drexel Bean oil from Rural King. If you do that, read the label close. It's hot stuff & you only use half what some products call for.

Jeez sorry. Mean I asked for clethodim and they were not familiar with it. Sorry about that. Not able to find clethodim

Yes! Anyone have suggestions for central iowa? I called the coop I usually get my "stuff" and the guys says "i've never heard of that"

Ha, your guy just knows it under another name. Ask him what he sprays bean fields with to kill volunteer corn (other than a Liberty/Round-up rotation) and usually he'll say "SELECT". Like above, generic name is less known but the same- Clethodim. & yes, ruralking is cheapest I've found. Get some crop oil at the same time and you're golden. *don't buy Poast or crap like that, it's inferior IMO or buy the Clethodim where they put the deer picture on outside, give it another name & charge you 5x the amount. Generic Clethodim is readily available out there. at 10-20 oz to the acre, it's not expensive really.

.....its like everytime I see someone buy a $100 gallon of roundup "super concentrate" at Home Depot.....I just shake my head and say wow. 41% gly is 41% gly. The same crap that is about $15 a gallon at the farm store. Insanity.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Is it better to spray gly (grass mostly) when it's been dry/no rain for many days or a day after a rain as long as it's not wet? Or does it make do difference

Is it better to spray gly (grass mostly) when it's been dry/no rain for many days or a day after a rain as long as it's not wet? Or does it make do difference
If you want to "get in the weeds".... Here's the scoop on grass.... Grass is easiest to kill right before the reproduction stage of new seed for the year. During drought OR doing FULL MATURITY of grass, it's hard to kill.... During drought, grass kind of "shuts off" & almost in a sense, "goes dormant" as a protection mechanism to the plant. When the grass is "fully mature" and "sitting there" later in the year, it's going to be more difficult to kill as well. So, yes, you want to spray the plant while it's most aggressively growing and taking in nutrients. Again, before seed production is the best time. then, after mowing for example, while moisture is there, plants will actively regrow and that's another great time. Just remember grass has cycles and environmental circumstances that make certain times ideal to kill and others difficult. Bottom line, actively growing, fresh tender growth with plenty of heat and moisture is your best path. Time before/during seed production, dead as can be.

Really good charts to keep & reference. U actually can run some logic “forwards & backwards” on these. Both interval time and also what some of these cannot be used with. Most will need to know what some of these herbicides are & some of this won’t apply but still good.

One to watch - liberty - if u gonna do Egyptian wheat don’t use on it (180 day interval on grain sorghum) & id avoid it just before ur fall plots.
955dda21a90734b2b9945ca4cde6c052.png
d61fd409445b4c1758378126943dfeba.png
65686bdbb82afa5cca41ec32e8926571.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom