Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 60 NR tag allocation for outfitters

Fishbonker

Life Member
Link to the bill: HF 60

This is similar to last year's bill, the thread form last year is linked here: 2020 version

This is the bill that sets aside 500 NR either sex tags for NRs that have reservations with an outfitter, aka "business entity".

Assigned to the House Natural Resources Committee.

Make that landowner tag a floating tag and it might become one of the most profitable parts of a farm . I can only imagine what a lease would be worth of it came with a buck tag every year. I'm sure farm bureau will be all over it.
Back on topic, giving outfitters these guaranteed tags is a garbage idea, we all know the reasons why.

I'm a non res, and this is bullshit. Will the 500 come out of the pool of tags for non res who are paying for points, or will this be an additional 500 tags?

I'm a non res, and this is bullshit. Will the 500 come out of the pool of tags for non res who are paying for points, or will this be an additional 500 tags?
The link to the Bill is'nt working right now but if I remember it came out of the existing pool.

They did this same thing in Maine with the moose tags. They used to allot 10 percent of moose tags to non residents. Which amounts to 200-250 tags total. If you get drawn the license is around $550 . You can hire a guide if you want, or DIY. A couple years ago , Maine decided to give some(don't know the #) of the non resident pool of tags, to outfitters. Now you can just buy a hunt. The cost to buy an outfitter package is about $10,000 to $20,000 now. Lots of people are very angry about this, except the outfitters

I really hope when we are discussing the events of this legislative session and their effects on hunting,fishing and conservation we can keep these kind of comments to ourselves.
I don't agree with the bill, but was just kidding on Biden. Sorry I thought that most on here would realize it is a joke.

This is correct. Also remember guides/outfitters are not regulated as a business so any business could qualify as a guide/outfitter. As I referred to it last year, this is a loop hole the Titanic could navigate through.

The links are working for me, anybody else having issues? The process to add links is a little different this year and I want to be sure I have the links in correctly.

This is correct. Also remember guides/outfitters are not regulated as a business so any business could qualify as a guide/outfitter. As I referred to it last year, this is a loop hole the Titanic could navigate through.

The links are working for me, anybody else having issues? The process to add links is a little different this year and I want to be sure I have the links in correctly.
Working now and I guess to be clear it was working before. The page on the legislation web site was not coming up.

Disappointing (but not surprising) that this is back again. We lived in other pretty good hunting states for 11 years (MO and WI). Iowa is special for a variety of reasons (season structure, availability of and access to private land, etc.) — I wish money didn’t get in the way of these decisions. I gladly waited for my nonresident tags during those years and wish others would do the same...definitely thankful to be back in IA.....

OH MY GOSH!!!! I can’t believe I’m reading this. Ya - “here we go again” is right!! Must be stopped!!!!!!
This is a hybrid of what KS experimented with. It’s also a huge leap forward to turning Iowa into Illinois - which the run of the mill land incrementally turned into a outfitted hunted to piss waste land of poor management. $ - like involved here, & laws like this.... THIS is what put IL’s “good hunting” down the tubes in a matter of less than 10 years (on average farms). I watched it first hand. Same motivators, greed, special interests want to pimp Iowa out like they did with IL & other places. Shame. Has to be stopped.

*Republican bill..... discussion is “non-Partisan” but I’m ashamed to see this. R house representative Ray Sorensen... shameful.

Top Bottom